Opera 6.01 to 6.03: the best gets even better

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Well, I finally got around to updating my Opera 6.01 to 6.03. As a firm "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" man, you can see that I was really bored this afternoon. Yeah, sure, there was supposed to be a security problem with 6.01, but hey - this is a machine I run Microsoft products on! Why on earth would I bother running security updates on Opera when I still have Internet Explorer installed? (My office machine, on which I store real data - i.e., stuff I wouldn't like to lose - is a different matter. On that machine I am 100% Microsoft Free. Unless you count MS Word 6.0 for DOS. Which I don't.)

Anyway, the big difference between 6.01 and 6.03, so far as I am concerned, is that they have fixed the starting multiple copies bug. With 6.01, if you click the Opera icon in your quick launch a second time to start a second copy - something I do any number of times through an average day with IE and Moz - the second copy starts OK, but unless you have a default home page selected (which I don't, I like to start with blank pages) it pops up an alert box saying "select home page". OK, a trivial bug, possibly even something that a Microsoft-coddled baby would regard as a feature, but it used to annoy me. I hate having to click things unnecessarily.

And in 6.03, the bug is gone. As always with Opera, there is none of this "about:blank" bullshit either. A blank page is a blank page, which is what it ought to be.

The best just got better.

(Tannin ducks hurriedly to avoid a storm of flames from the Mozila Nazis.)

(Tannin doesn't bother to duck the weakling little insults of the Internet Explorer crowd. If any.)

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Tannin said:
(Tannin doesn't bother to duck the weakling little insults of the Internet Explorer crowd. If any.)

Yawn...is that the browser you have to pay for? :eek:

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
Pradeep said:
Tannin said:

Yawn...is that the browser you have to pay for? :eek:

not necessarily pradeed, you can get a lovely free version with lovely ads which they lovingly push to you and take up a lovely amount of screen space. of course youcan pay for the vanilla version but you miss out on those lovely ads.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
The ads are not so disturbing. I like 6.03, although let me dare say I find it a little bit slow.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
"Mozilla Nazis?"

I prefer to think of Mozilla Use as the result of good breeding.

I prefer to think of Mozillites as Stalinistic fascists. (note: I use and like Moz, but I do regularly use IE and I even tried Opera this past week, although I forget which version)