Outlook Sync

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What can I use to synchronize the Outlook 2003 PST files on two home networked computers? I've tried several random sharewares with little luck. Typically I want to boot one computer for checking the websites, receiving/sending e-mails, etc. for the times that accessing files on the main computer is not necessary. Therefore it need not be an automatic process. Thanks.

ddrueding

Fixture
The official way is with a Microsoft Exchange Server. I have tried many of the other tools out there with limited success. I believe the client ended up finding a hosted Exchange service that was cost effective for his 4 machines.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Synchronizing PST files is a giant PITA.

Set your email server to auto-forward emails to a hosting service that supports IMAP. You can then access your emails from any number of PCs or phones and still be in sync.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Register a domain. $10 a year. Make that domain a single-user Google Apps premier domain ($50/user/year). Install Google Sync on each system. You'll sync everything that Outlook can sync.

Hosted Exchange is usually about $10/user/month, so the Gmail thing is a pretty damned good deal.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Thanks. I had a feeling it would be too complicated like that.