Pasword to launch Windows Mail within profile

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
One of my customer has access to camera at a remote location on his computer. His user account is therefore almost always active. He doesn't want to re-login every time the computer goes on the screen saver. What he wants to avoid thought, is that someone sneeks on his computer and check his e-mails. So he wants to setup a password to launch Windows Mail (he unfortunately has Vista). I never had to do this before.

What can do this?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
There are numerous freeware/shareware applications that can encrypt and password protect a single exe or application: You can Google them. Unfortunately, I can't give a recommendation as to which ones are best for I don't know.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Since we're dealing with Vista, you could just set up Parental Controls to prevent his default account from running Windows mail while using the Secondary Login Service (right click, run as) to launch the program with a different set of credentials.

Or you could set NTFS permissions such that the logged in user could not execute Windows Mail, and use secondary login to run the program.

Effectively, you get a program that only runs with the right password.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Parental control and second user account won't work because he wants to have everything accessible from the same user account. I'll have to dig the Net for an encrytion program. That's what I thought I would have to do, but I asked in case I was missing something.

Thanks for the help.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Just as a side thing, even though you have multiple accounts, with Vista you can always use runas (It is just a right click on the icon) making anything accessible to a single account as long as they know the username/password..