PC Pics

Handruin

Administrator
I was messing around with the camera and took some random pics of my PC. Just thought I'd share the messy job I did of installing my system:

Inside my case 1

Inside my case 2 (yes, it's messy but works great)

Bottom of an Atlas 10KII

My case, UPS, and subwoofer

My case, UPS

Random CPU shot (while powered on)

Random Pic of DC-390U3W lights

Visiontek GeForce 3 Ti 200 heatsinks

Visiontek GeForce 3 Ti 200 heatsinks and CPU cooler

(images are large, take caution modem users)

Anyone else have PC pics to share?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Nice setup Doug. It doesn't look messy. Those Antec cases are one of the best buys around aren't they? Well built and designed with the "do it yourself" crowd in mind. Thanks for posting them.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
flagreen said:
Those Antec cases are one of the best buys around aren't they? Well built and designed with the "do it yourself" crowd in mind.
Antec is the major brand I sell, although I also sometimes sell InWin J series too. The Antec recently became cheaper (recently as in this week), so I'll probaly only sell Antec for a while now, or at least for this Fall. The most common complain about Antec's enclosures is that people find them heavy. As weight is rarely a problem for me, I find them almost perfect (almost because they aren't made of aluminum like some others of the same design).

Tomorow I will order the new member of their Solution serie, the SLK2600AMB. I'll give you my impressions about it as soon as I receive it. It should be a great budget case for PC builders like Buck, Tony and Mercutio. From what I saw on Antec's web site, its only real drawback is that its PSU (SL300S) doesn't have dual-fan cooling so I won't use it for any high-end setup with several components dissipating a lot of heat.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Great I'll look forward to hearing about it. The 3.5" drive bays are nice and so easy to use. I still have an old SX840 around here I used before I got the Lite-on FS120 case I have now. The FS120 is not a cheap case but it's very roomy for it's size and takes up to three 120mm fans which are great for keeping the noise down.

Handruin

Administrator
The case is a bit noisy. I have a total of 5 sunon fans, two of whie are in the hard drive bays. I've been very happy with this case. It has no problem fiting everything and offers plenty of room for cooling.

I decided to crack the case open today to inspect everything, mostly the fans and dust buildup. I also checked each of my drives temperature and it was only slightly warm to the touch. I leave the machine on 24x7, and it's been on for the past 1.5 years with roughy 2 weeks total down time.

It's a solid setup except for the one time I updated the BIOS and my video performance went to hell along with the driver installation for my ATI card at that time. (now GeForce 3 thanks to Groltz) :)

I'm curious to hear about the antec case you get. My current case is heavy, but nothing I can't manage. I'm thinking about getting their new case with the true power PS. I just had an brnad new SX830 that I am in the process of selling to a coworker. I got it from bestbuy for $80 which i thought was a good deal at the time. (4 months ago)

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Sunon=noisy. In fact, for a given airflow/profile, I'm not sure I've found anything worse, regardless of diameter.

Thanks for sharing the snaps. The last GF3 shot is particularly Tanninesque. 8)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Thanks Coug, but I've used the same case for every one of my builds for just a little over two years. The Compucase 6812 is damn near perfect.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
I'm thinking about getting their new case with the true power PS.
Antec enclosures just went cheaper on my list from this week. Their new Performance II serie is an especially good value, while their new AMG colored (metallic grey) Performance Plus, supposed to replace their former beige and black models, is also some 20$CDN cheaper than it was before.

In your case, the SX1040BII should be the most interesting to get, unless you despise black (the new 1040 is only available in black). It's similar to the older SX1000 chassis (slightly different front panel) and it comes with an air filter, two silent 80mm fans and a dual-fan 400W power supply. The PSU isn't one of their TruePower though (it's the SL400 I think), but I place even budget Antec PSU above most other brands anyway so you can hardly go wrong with it. Besides, it's still certified by both AMD and Intel for all their CPUs.

I won't receive the SLK2600AMB earlier than the end of next week, so please be patient. teaser

*Update* Antec lunched today (wasn't there this morning!) two new cases among their Solution Serie with similar look as the SLK2600AMB I just ordered. Take a look.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
How about using some better fans?
Some less noisy ones? Like Papst or similar, or a rheostat

One other thing. I took out the bottom fan (the one below the HD bays) and the temp on my A7V266 raised about 10C, but the processor temperature stayed the same....
The sensors must be directly in front of the fan (haven't checked the placement yet). That's the only reason I can come up with.

Great pics! Too bad I don't have a digital camera.