Phantom PM

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I received an e-mail message from the website yesterday at about 12:14p that I had a private message. When I came to the website this morning, I had the note on the toolbar that I had one new message, but there was no message.

Better yet, the message that I had received previous to that, as well as the reply are not in my message lists.

Did something happen to the site last night?

Handruin

Administrator
I went through and deleted a bunch of spam-like accounts and non-posting ones which I felt were spammers. We get so many these days I've become a bit trigger-happy. I'm guessing one of them PM'd you and I deleted the account. I will be more careful from now on.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I suppose that's fine, but items in *my* account shouldn't disapear when *another* account is nuked.

Handruin

Administrator
I won't disagree...I didn't design the forum, I just try to keep it running. The account deletion feature takes care of the workings in the database, I have no control over that aspect.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Rather than deleting the account, can't you de-activate. That way, the posts and PM's remain but the account can't be accessed. If there are no problems after X amount of time, then delete.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Handruin said:
I won't disagree...I didn't design the forum, I just try to keep it running. The account deletion feature takes care of the workings in the database, I have no control over that aspect.

As Captain Miller said in Saving Private Ryan, “Complaints go up, not down.”

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Geez, if I wanted a 12" d1k I'd fold mine in half. There must be more to life...
:mrgrn: :eekers: