Phoenix browser name change

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I don't think anyone has mentioned it before, and I just came across it this morning. Anyway, info/link is at the bottom of this page. Apparently the new name has been choosen, but hasn't been disclosed as of yet.

CK

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I have followed the thread about the new name of Phoenix distantly, but I haven't seen any name clearly standing out in it. BTW, the "new" Phoenix will also look quite different from the one people have known from 0.5 and earlier. I'm currently using the build of March 4th and I'm quite pleased with the result.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I have followed the thread about the new name of Phoenix distantly, but I haven't seen any name clearly standing out in it.
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=52435#52435

I'm currently using the build of March 4th and I'm quite pleased with the result.
I haven't played with Phoenix since trying a build in early Dec....liked it. I'm looking forward to the things to come as things ramp up in their camp again.

I hope the new name iz eazier to zpell.
Sorry Tea, I think they've already decided against using "zzzzzzzzz browser"

CK

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
[quote="CityK]
Sorry Tea, I think they've already decided against using "zzzzzzzzz browser"
[/quote]

That'z lucky! Othewize I'd have a lot of trouble in the zecond word when I got to the bit between the "w" and the "e"!

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance

Tucson.

Just get it over with and name it Tucson.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
BTW, the 03-18-03 build finally fixes the annoying XHMTL rendering bug, so pages like NCIX now display properly with Phoenix (or Tucson).

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
NO! NO! You don't want to use city names from Arizona! WD used them for internal drive names for several years and those were the bad drives!

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck said:
NO! NO! You don't want to use city names from Arizona! WD used them for internal drive names for several years and those were the bad drives!

Sound like that particular town should change its name. I'm not sure I'd want to visit Assweasel, AZ.

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
SteveC said:
They finally settled on a name, and it's going to be called Firebird, and the mail client will be called Thunderbird.

Here's another Firebird / Thunderbird combo, except these have been around for about 35 years.

firebird7bluea.jpg
ThunderbirdIVLE-natural.jpg