Power supplies

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Has anyone here installed one of the high efficiency power supplies and seen a reduction in their electric bill?
(Antec NeoPower or similar)

Bozo :joker:

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't...but that doesn't mean there hasen't been savings. I have the Neo 480 Watt and I can't say I've seen a difference worth mentioning. Given the amount of things I changed, it's really hard to notice a true savings via power supply anyway. The newer CPU I have consumes less power, so that throws off the results. Plus, my electric company's prices fluctuate so I'd have to get a unit to measure the true power consumption of just my one PC in order to tell. I guess my point is, I didn’t buy it for power savings…just increased capacity.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Beware of the Antec HE series : there has been reports of incompatibilities between them and Asus motherboards. I'm not sure if it was only the early generations or if the issue remains.

Given the choice, I would buy a Seasonic. And no, I don't think it will have a noticeable impact on your electricity bill. Although for a company with hundreds of systems, it certainly would.