Privacy / Tracking Alert

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
D'oh! please don't do that... I like knowing where people grow their pot... so the police can raid a location based on GPS co-ords in the "look at me pot collection" photos on FaceBook...

Joking...

I thought this was common knowledge? (It's a good power saving tip to turn off GPS/WiFi/Mobile Data when not needed, which has the side effect of disabling location tagging in photos)...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Having GPS coordinates in EXIF data isn't an entirely horrible thing. There's something to be said for knowing exactly where a picture was taken. If you'd prefer to keep that information personal, I know there are various scripts and standalone executables that can scrub that data out of pictures prior to publishing them online.

ddrueding

Fixture
I like having the tagging enabled myself. Makes finding pictures of some place much easier (Flickr lets you sort all your pictures geographically).

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I turn off the GPS when I first start using a new phone. I've taken only 7 or 8 photos in the last year and half though.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
All, to the august members of this forum, this may be elementary. But John Doe on the street does not realize the potential exposure. This was more intended to help inform family and friends in a way they can relate to.