ddrueding

Fixture
I have a(nother) special need.

1. Rear projection
2. Electrically lowered
3. Ceiling recessed
4. Tab tensioned
5. About 55"

I'm having a hard time finding a screen that matches these requirements. I'm pretty sure I need the tab tensioning as it will be in the middle of a room, ideally viewable from both sides ;)

Thanks!

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
A rear projection HDTV? If you need it viewable from two sides then two of them back to back.

ddrueding

Fixture
The projector will be buried in one of the far walls. The screen needs to be able to retract into the ceiling with an electric motor. This would be difficult with a pair of HDTVs.

The closest I've found so far is this one. It is larger than I was planning, but I could make it fit.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
How did you conclude that rear projection looks just as okay from the back as the front? I've only seen one used this way (a fairly big one), and it was significantly better from the front. A quick google suggests that true dual-sided systems tend to be rigid and usually glass-based.

The concept still doesn't provide 360° viewing anyway - your audience needs to arrange themselves like iron filings around a bar magnet. Assuming this is a board room or similar, is this going to work in your case?

How about this $50 solution? ;)

ddrueding

Fixture
Primary viewing is from the front (the bed) with secondary viewing from the tub being a much lower priority. The screen itself will be in line with the foot of the bed, so would be too intrusive to leave down all the time.