Question for a nutritionist

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I need to keep a man alive for 3 days with the minimal amount of food possible, or at the very least the least expensive food possible. I know I could just have him drink water since it takes more than 3 days to starve to death, but I need him to be able to perform intellectual tasks and maintain a coherent speech by Tuesday morning. He's in the early fourties, weights around 200lbs and isn't muscular at all, so his metabolism should be pretty slow, which should be good for my wallet. I have access to an oven and a microwave.

I thought about buying a box of dry dates (fruit), a box of tuna, nature yogurt, beans, maybe a liter of milk and oatmeal. Two meals per days should suffice as he won't move a lot.

Do you have better suggestions?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
How much are you planning to make from his indisposition? This isn't the bad debt is it?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
He's not chained or anything and yes, he owes me money. In order to be able to pay me back, he needs to be able to make his work, hence the need to keep him in shape.

As for the amount of money, it's 3K. 3K that are mine and that I need. I have been surprisingly patient with him.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Will you at least let him bath/go to the bathroom? What are you using to keep him immobile?

Man, I hope I never get on your bad side. :-o

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
Since it is just for a very short time period try eggs (hard boiled is easy but can be in any form) and mashed/baked potatoes with some margarine. Gives protein, fat, and carbohydrates and is incredibly inexpensive. Long term it lacks veg/fruit and variety but short term it will keep his energy up so he will be functional.

Have you considered water-boarding, while he is in your care, to give him some incentive.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Will you at least let him bath/go to the bathroom? What are you using to keep him immobile?

Man, I hope I never get on your bad side. :-o

Garden hose and a chamber pot. For 3K I think I would have him chained to a post.

I know how you feel though. I wired a house for a guy a few years back. He set the house on fire to collect the insurance money, blaming the fire on my wiring. But the dumb-ass didn't wait until the power company hooked up to the house. He was a week early. He fled the state and I still haven't been paid. :boom:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Coug has gone off the deep end with this scheme. :rotfl:

I could use some deprivation to loose a few kg as long as I get my meds. Maybe you can offer this as a service. :)

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I had to leave before reading post after my last. I had to visit the grocery store before midnight. Smashed potatoes would have been a good idea, but I don't plan to cook for him and I won't leave him a knife, even one for peeling potatoes. He's not physically restrained. He doesn't need to. I've been quite clear with him.

That's what I got him :

1 litre of milk
6-pack of eggs
500g of dry dates
a bag of six bagels (one bagel equals 4 slices of bread)
enough oatmeal to get sick of it
2 cans of tuna
2 cans of beans

Cost me 17.50$. I know, I'm too good. He had clear instructions that it's all he's going to have. He doesn't even need to be creative to survive on this. If he complains, I'll tell him to go to Hell and I might even help him find the way.

Oh, one last thing. I showed him the invoice and I told him it wasn't a gift, it was a loan.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
That seems pretty reasonable, food-wise. I think it might be better not to speculate how keeping a person in this fashion will make you back your three thousand moosebucks.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What is that crap they make the people eat as punishment on Big Brother?