Quiet bits

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I seem to have the quiet bug again. It's all Rocco's fault, those Zahlmann Flower pictures have been working away at the corners of my mind, eating into my sensibilities like acid into a stone.

Anyway, I just went silly and ordered a box of assorted quiet stuff from these guys. I know I should have consulted you guys first, but I had one of those famous Tannin-going-stupid-with-the-chequebook moments.

Did I do OK?

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Tannin said:
... working away at the corners of my mind, eating into my sensibilities like acid into a stone.

An unfortunate analogy. It does explain quite a bit though.

The big drawback with the giant coolers is the incompatibility with small non-tower cases.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
How about just letting us know if that power supply is a decent model?

The quietest mainstream PS I've found is made by a company called AGI. But no one else has ever heard of them, either.

Handruin

Administrator
Tannin said:
Hey, I replied to this thread last night. No my post is not there. WTF?

The site has been down a few times in the last few days. (big surprise) maybe something happened and no one noticed???

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I've noticed when it is down but didn't mention anything. I've just come to accept it I guess. Would you like us to make some noise (IM or something) to let you know when it is down?

C

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:
I've noticed when it is down but didn't mention anything. I've just come to accept it I guess. Would you like us to make some noise (IM or something) to let you know when it is down?

C

If you notice it and have a minute, can you send me a note on ICQ, or whatever is easiest. E-mail doesn't work to good since it is linked to the site.

I'm almost ready to move the site to a new home. I'm hoping they will be much more reliable. My friends site has been hosted there for the past 2 1/2 months without downtime. July 4th is when I will have his account converted to a reseller, and soon after I will hopefully move us over there.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
heh, let us know how they go. Me, I'm using the ultimate in quiet computing right now. I've taken my HP e-PC back home with me, only moving parts it has is the Barracuda (in a special HP designed NoVibes mount thingy, and a 92mm fan which just about moves a little fart of air.

Right now the air conditioner is getting on my nerves. How can I make it quieter? :mrgrn:

At least I'm finally online after a week without internet - me, the clever guy I am, forgot to bring the driver CD for the modem with me so I had to wait till today when a friend downloaded it for me.

And now, all these days without Internet, I have a rather large gap in my Folding production. Bleh. Time to get crunching.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Cliptin said:
Tannin said:
... working away at the corners of my mind, eating into my sensibilities like acid into a stone.

An unfortunate analogy. It does explain quite a bit though.

The big drawback with the giant coolers is the incompatibility with small non-tower cases.
LOL. The analogy is great!

Tannin, I assure you I'm haunted by the same dreams... I CRAVE FOR ZALMAN...

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
I should be getting a cheque from them very very soon if I go on like this. Five people now want to buy one after what I told them. I'm the best marketing guy they'll ever get :evil:

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Yes, the Zalmans are indeed very nice to look at. But, in the 3 weeks or so I had them, they started getting pretty dusty. When I get back I think I'll have to take a can of compressed air to them or else they'll become very hard to clean. Keep that in mind.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
The front fans on my Lian-Li case have a dust filter, and they're set on the ultra low speed (probably something like 6v). Theres only the PSU fans in there now (Enermax Whisper 350W). There are various small holes in the back of the case though which might be letting air in.

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
what exactly didk you order tony?

a review would be nice
wink_2.gif

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I ordered an assortment, Jake. I told the guy what stuff we sell, and said "send me whatever you think will be a goer". That should include PSUs, Pabst fans, and drive coolers. I'll post a mini-review when I get the bits, probably late in the week.