RealVNC

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
Greetings to all

I think Buck mentioned that he had RealVNC. It's a nifty product, but I have one problem: the cursor on the remote desktop flickers continually when the viewer is connected, so it can get annoying if the viewer is connected and you are using the server. Is there any way to eliminate this problem? I even tried turning off all inputs from the viewer and no success.
Well, thanks for any wise suggestions!

Rod

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I use TightVNC at school and haven't noticed this problem. Not sue if the flicker is enough reason for you to switch. I only use Tight 'cause that's what the guys ahead of me used. [/code]

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Sorry RW, but I don't get that flicker. However, it should also be noted that I run RealVNC from a Windows based computer to RedHat systems.

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
Do you have a 100 or 1000mbps network? Maybe my problem is caused by the fact that I just have 100mbs.

How is tightVNC different from RealVNC?

Thanks

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
RWIndiana said:
Do you have a 100 or 1000mbps network? Maybe my problem is caused by the fact that I just have 100mbs.

How is tightVNC different from RealVNC?

Thanks

100 Network.

I also have it installed on a clients Windows XP system to connect and maintain their Windows 2000 server. That works on a 100 network as well without flicker.