Replacement fan for ATI 1650 Pro card?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
ATI just replaced another fried X800XL(that's three) with the above 1650 Pro card.

I was wondering what fan to use to replace the noisy, not so good fan they use stock?

Who makes the best quiet fan for the ATI card?

Thanks

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Thanks
Yes, the side with the board has two 120MM's, one at the front, one at the back.
I've also put a squirrel cage fan right next to the video card, that blows out the back of the case, and pulls air off the video card. I change resolutions without restarting the computer, and, I suspect the cable weight, with the adapters, may work on the mounting points. Don't really know why, other then the X800XL always seemed to run hot...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Switch went well, despite constant swearing, and, too much wine....Bit of thought, moved the squirrel over one slot, not that noisy, with stock fan, compared to X700XL.

Hope the cooling is better. Problem maybe excess heat from cpu cooler,...

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Does the video card's fan blow towards the card or away? If towards then you may be starving it by having the squirrel blow away.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
My thought exactly. Figured moving the squirrel over a slot would stop whatever might have been happening. Give the front fan a better chance to blow cool air over the heatsink on the card, and, the squirrel can exit hot air out the back, along with another slot being open as a vent.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
1650 Pro seems to be a bit faster then the X700XL that it replaced, and, the colors seem to be darker, more vivid, and clearer, in 2d.