ROLLCALL: Who's Driving / Peddling / Floating / Flying What

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
As for being originally from Tasmania, so am I.

In fact, my great, great, great grandfather was sent on a nice long trip to Port Arthur for stealing a piece of cloth. (Not sure if I have the correct number of "greats" in that sentence.)

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Tannin said:
Huh? Who said anything about the American way? This is a forum for the worldwide Englidh speaking community, Santilli, but we also try to welcome Americans.
Actually, this is a far more liberal community then that. We have Dolphins, Orange people, Owls, etc. In fact, we english speaking humans maybe in the definite minority. We even have 15th Century Dead Italians running around...
:wink:
Computer Generated Babies, Giants, etc.

I forgot my punchline to the entire illegal alien thing: We even let illegal aliens in, and allow them to govern the state of Kalifornia. :mrgrn:

s

Handruin

Administrator
Since this topic covers floating, does anyone here partake in kayaking? I'm looking to get into this, as I've had fun using a friend's kayak in the past and I'd like to eventually buy my own.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Handruin said:
Since this topic covers floating, does anyone here partake in kayaking? I'm looking to get into this, as I've had fun using a friend's kayak in the past and I'd like to eventually buy my own.

Every once in a while. Are you considering whitewater or open water or perhaps creek boating?

Handruin

Administrator
No whitewater, mostly calmer open water/ocean/bay areas. I was looking at Old Town, since that's the only exposure I've had to Kayaks so far. I was considering a day touring boat such as the Nantucket.

I've read Pros and Cons over plastic kayaks vs. Fiberglass and I'm leaning towards a plastic boat. The fiberglass are significantly more expensive (roughly $1500 more, or 2.5x the cost) and considering it will be my first kayak, I'd rather not wreck a $2500 boat until I learn how to truly use one.

I'll need to see the boats in person before making a choice. If you have other recommendations/suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
Splash said:
Tazwegion:

Even though your sidebar says that you hale from somewhere in the midst of Victoria, your name implies that you are/were Tasmanian. Just in case you haven't discovered it yet, our own Pradeep / Dwunken Baztard is (was?) from Taz.

Hmmm... nah never been a resident of the Apple Isle merely a tourist, the name is actually derived from 2 sources... firstly my fascination with the Warner Bros. character Taz, and secondly during the late 80's 27Mhz Citizens Band radio was into yet another boom... 'tazwegion' @ the time was used to describe a distant station, at times it feels that Australia is so far from the rest of the world I figured it still kinda' applied ;)

AS for finding this site... it was hyperlinked from Tannin's I guess it's hard to keep a good thing secret! :mrgrn:

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Well excuse me!

Who is the schizophrenic one? Which one of us does the imagining, huh? Do I walk around all day talking to an imaginary human? Do I have stupid sock puppets of myself popping up at the slightest opportunity? Do I finish every second post by shouting bring back (some ever-more absurd anacronism)?

tazwegion

Tannin said:
So, you're saying it's all my fault?

No... never (nor your sock puppet) :p

I was merely replying to Santilli's query as to why there were so many Australians on this forum @ present, and detailing the logical sequence of events that led me here eventually :eekers:

BTW how's that site update going? :lol:

adriel

I have a Giant hybrid bicycle. However, I have left it at home and stopped using it because it is more expensive than operating a vehicle. The cost of maintaining the bicycle, buying food on the go, energy drinks, power bars, and the time lost due to slower speed was many multiples more expensive than gasoline.

So I bought my first car. It is a 2005 Mazda RX8 6-spd. Eats gasoline and 5w20 oil, but I don't care since it is still cheaper than the bicycle, plus it is fun to drive.

In the water, I have several methods at my disposal, whether performing surface or subsurface travel.

rx8_2.jpg

exterior

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
That doggie surely doesn't look like it has the legal age to own a driver's license. Get it out of the driver seat immediately.