Samsung drive dead

Handruin

Administrator
Just bitching. One of the two 750GB Samsung drives I bought back in April died some time during last night. My machine had delay write failures for an hour. I restarted the machine and it doesn't even show in the bios. I'll try playing around with it when I get home from work (trying different ports and cables to make sure)...

Handruin

Administrator
I'm a little puzzled now. The drive seems to be working. I left my computer powered off all day during work and now after one bootup the drive is recognized.

Handruin

Administrator
Anything is possible. I didn't check the drive's temp before I left this morning, but the machine did sit turned off all day. I'm doing a full surface scan now to see if anything turns up.

Handruin

Administrator
I tried doing a full scan on the drive and it never finished. I got more of the delay write failure messages from this drive. :(

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Can you re-seat the electronics board on the bottom of the drive? ( the internal connector to the drive, not the external connector to the PC )

Bozo :joker:

Handruin

Administrator
I'll give that a try tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Handruin

Administrator
No change of hardware recently. Those drives were the last addition which was done back in April this year.