Schooled by a Coffee cat

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Jumpster is in the other room, talking. I figure she wants to be brushed. I ignore her.
She comes in, jumps on my lap and then on to my desk. I feed her some treats.
Then she goes to my coffee cup, and pretends like she wants to drink from it. Then, when that doesn't work, she paws the coffee cup. She NEVER drinks coffee.
Turns out the faucet had shut itself completely off, and, I took her back in to the bathroom, so she could drink from it.

It's pretty clear who the smartest animal is in the house...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
gs4.jpg

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
One of my cats does that. I broke down and bought him a drinking fountain.

Another of my cats is hypnotized by toilet flushes. He gets up on the vanity so he can watch. Sometimes I flush it just because I happen to see him up there.

Cats are weird.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I bought a really nice fountain, with charcoal filter, etc. for my cat to drink out of. She wouldn't touch it, instead going in and drinking from the sink, shower, anything else.

Cheap date she is.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
We don't let our cat outside. Cats loose about 1/2 their lives when allowed outside, and, your vet bills double, or more.

For example, somewhere in her very brief trips on the porch, or, perhaps we brought one in, thought I haven't had a flea bite in years,
she managed to get a flea. She then eats the flea, after she catches it in her fur, and, the flea carries round worms eggs, and, I now have a cat with worms. Vet caught it, and treated her, both for fleas and worms.

Advantage, the stuff they use, is 18 dollars a treatment from them(a bit high, but they are the doctors). That's every month, if your cat goes outside, and, I don't know how often I'm treating her, since she really doesn't have fleas, or bites, and, I brush her all the time.

Anyone have a treatment regime for indoor cats and fleas?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
We should create a sock puppet accessible to all members, who's sole purpose is to correct spelling/grammar mistakes : Woody Nitpicker.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Sorry typo.

Cat scratching leg...

No need: We've got Merc...;-)
On the otherhand, that might be a good, second nic for him...