Segatae Filaure

LOST6200

Storage is cool
160Gb Seagtoe Memento 5400.3 Wonm;t read all the files., it always licks up at the same place. :crap: Drive was purcahesd from the "eGG" around 1.5 years ago. Dirve is labelled: mfg by Seagets for OEM distributer. does this mean no users warranty? Is it worht replacing or not for around $100+ shiping.? Tankas you for help.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Cool, it is indacted:

In Warranty Expiration 20-Dec-2010

Are the replaceemntsd crap though?

paugie

Storage is cool
we have a Seagate warranty thread in our Philippine Techie Website. I'd link to it but its mostly in Tagalog so it wouldn't be helpful.

Just to say most get a three day turnaround. But they get refurbished drives from Seagate Singapore.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
They aren't crap compared to what you are sending in. Seagate will send you anything and everything to get the claim done with, even a newer / bigger drive. I sent in a 300g and got back a 400g new drive as far as I could tell. All depends on what they have at the time.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
They aren't crap compared to what you are sending in. Seagate will send you anything and everything to get the claim done with, even a newer / bigger drive. I sent in a 300g and got back a 400g new drive as far as I could tell. All depends on what they have at the time.

Whilst it's never happened to me personally (I've always got back what I sent), a friend sent in 3x 120GB drives and got back 3x200GB drives (this was back when 250GB was the biggest you could get). Even I was surprised when it happened.

ddrueding

Fixture
There was a while where I was getting 74GB raptors in exchange for 32GB ones. Considering pretty much my entire stock had failing SMART data, I sent them all in ;)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Stuff like that happens all the time. You have to watch it, though. Some manufacturers send back refurb drives with drastically shorter warranties.