Seitec RAM: any good?

EdwardK

Learning Storage Performance
Hello everyone,

A work colleague asked me if Seitec RAM is okay or not. I answered him that I have not heard of that name before. Searching the internet seems to show Seitec is a company in Taiwan called PanRam. Has anyone had any good and/or bad experiences with Seitec RAM?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers,
Edward

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
We have been using it for a little while, Edward. So far as I know, we have had no units go faulty (out of perhaps 30 to 50 pcs) and we have come to trust it. The only system I know of that has been at all difficult with it is this very one I'm writing on now - the XP 2400 with the Albatron motherboard. When I first changed the board (after my Soltek DRV5 died) I put two Sietec 256MB PC-2700s in. It ran but threw ocassional errors. Not often, just maybe twice in 24 hours.

So I swapped in an Infineon 512MB module and it's back to its usual 100% stable self. But I'm not sure if that is because (a) the Infineon is better, or (b) it's a single 512, not a pair of 256s, or (c) just that this particular board likes the Infineon better than the Sietec. Kriti says the Sietec is good, and she's in a pretty good position to know.

EdwardK

Learning Storage Performance
Thanks for your help, Tea :p
I can now tell this to my colleague. My colleague told me that Seitec RAM is cheaper compared to the well-known brands such as Corsair and Infineon.

Cheers,
Edward

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
My pleasure, Edward. Your friend should be OK with it, but (as always) if in doubt he can spend the little bit extra for (e.g.) Crucial or Legend. We will be happy to buy it again, but we like to have a little bit of premium stuff handy too, just in case.