Server maintenance - 2015-10-22 9:00:00 AM UTC

Handruin

Administrator
Just an FYI that our hosting provider needs to perform a mandatory maintenance on our hosting node on 2015-10-22 9:00:00 AM UTC. They will perform a reboot on the node and then run their updates for the underlying Xen framework. They've scheduled a 2-hour window for this update but expect to be much less than the allotted time.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
They are quite lucky to be able to do maintenance during normal work hours. I've spent last night up doing emergency maintenance on our main cluster shared volume to prevent a lost of service to our employees. I've worked from 1am to 7am. I came back to the office a few hours later to finish my normal work day. People are pissed when I ask to perform schedule maintenance during the week-end. [/rant]

Handruin

Administrator
I hear ya. They're doing rolling upgrades over lots of nodes so its been on going for some time. I guess this is what I get for $20/month vs what you're managing probably requires more uptime. There is an option available for me to switch my container from Xen over to KVM but that's about 20-30 minutes of down time. I'll wait until after this to do that move. They claim performance improvements come from the move.