Should we switch from the Genome@home to the Folding@home?

Should we switch from the Genome@home to the Folding@home?

• I prefer to continue with the Genome@home.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer to start a Folding@home team from scratch right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Since our current 0.99 Genome@home client will soon be obsolete and that our stats won't be ported to the new stats system that the Genome@home client 2.0 will use, should we switch immediately to the Folding@home project and start to accumulate units for this project right now since the Pande group won't reset the stats for those using the F@h 2.19 client when the 3.0 client will arrive?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I was waiting for more opinions before I do anything. If two more members of the team agree, I'll create a Folding@home team and post the link to download the 2.19 client on the front page.

Doing averything in a hurry could have been considered as despotism and that's not what I wanted. So far, there's Tony, Buck and i who are interested to switch to the F@h project. I would like to know the position of Kevin and Doug at least before I move forward.

Thanks for your opinions.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Our team # is 10047. Just download the client (link is in the downloads section of the front page) and enter the team # and your desired username.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Prof.Wizard said:
Bartender said:
My machines are still crunching Genome, so give the word, and we'll switch.
The coffee makers? :lol:

Sorry Professor, I'm not that advanced - they only keep the coffee warm.

Hopefully this evening or later on in the week I can switch over to the new client. I have lot's of work to do. The sour mash needs to be put in the still, the wart for my lager needs to be turned to keep the temp right, and some of the wine bottles need to be turned at 21:32 PST.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Bartender said:
Prof.Wizard said:
Bartender said:
My machines are still crunching Genome, so give the word, and we'll switch.
The coffee makers? :lol:

Sorry Professor, I'm not that advanced - they only keep the coffee warm.

Hopefully this evening or later on in the week I can switch over to the new client. I have lot's of work to do. The sour mash needs to be put in the still, the wart for my lager needs to be turned to keep the temp right, and some of the wine bottles need to be turned at 21:32 PST.

I must be sampling too much. Correction: wart should be spelled wort, and I'm past the stage of the mash vessel. The wort is being separated right now. I'll send the strained out sweet barley to our farmer boys over at THG tomorrow morning. Then I'll move the wort to the brew kettle.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Re: Should we switch from the Genome@home to the Folding@hom

CougTek said:
Since our current 0.99 Genome@home client will soon be obsolete and that our stats won't be ported to the new stats system that the Genome@home client 2.0 will use, should we switch immediately to the Folding@home project and start to accumulate units for this project right now since the Pande group won't reset the stats for those using the F@h 2.19 client when the 3.0 client will arrive?

My thoughts exactly. I get away from home for the day, and look what happens.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm fully converted over. All my boxes are running FAH 2.19. Lets see how good they are at updating the stats. :) I figure it will be 10-13 hours or so until I get any results finished.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Handruin said:
I'm fully converted over. All my boxes are running FAH 2.19. Lets see how good they are at updating the stats. :) I figure it will be 10-13 hours or so until I get any results finished.

My horses are saddled and breaking wind as they run. :aok:

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Damn you all. :x :lol:
I installed UD to my housemate's notebook too, so I could dedicate more time competing with you on F@h...

This project is cool! (and IMO, ways more useful than the G@h!)