Show us your desktop!

sedrosken

Florida Man
Your inscreen setup, physical desk setup, specs of your desktops, or some combination of the three. Whatever you feel like.

Currently I am not at my desk, but I can show you my inscreen setup.

Screenshot (13).png

Some places that are empty are like that because I haven't quite finished installing all of my games. That will probably be remedied within the next week, but with the homework I've been doing lately I don't have the time or the energy.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Desktop titled "Diner with Grandpa"

Sorry about having two pictures. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

sedrosken

Florida Man
I forgot how many here have 4k resolutions, haha.

So imagine my surprise when I click on ddrueding's attachment to zoom in a little bit and I am face to face with a single icon.

It's interesting how Windows scales on such high resolutions, makes the effective res seem much lower. At least IMO. How big is the monitor you're using that on?

sedrosken

Florida Man
Update on mine. Got a few more games installed, now all that's left is Goat Simulator and Skyrim. Here you can see Spybot and Avast running in the system tray... they slow down the bootup process so much, sigh. It also seems as though they are keeping the CPU from dynamically underclocking itself, as I've noticed that the CPU clock is constantly at it's max since I installed them. If MBAM is running in the background, it's leaving no indication that it is, because I'm not seeing it in the system tray. Something or another is running in the background and not just staying in memory, as I can be doing nothing at all and have the CPU usage at almost 20%. Maybe I should stop them from starting at startup.

I put my gadgets in a sidebar, got really tired of them being all jumbled together when I exited a full screen game. Unfortunately the HUD clock had to go, it was too big and couldn't scale down. So in came a simple calendar. I had no use for the weather one, it didn't work quite right in the first place.

Screenshot (15).png

ddrueding

Fixture
The desktop at work has more pixels; 2560x1600 and 2560x1440 next to each other. The 4k at home is a Dell 32". I've disabled scaling for all the programs I use, but having it for the desktop just makes clicking on the right icon easier.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yup. Double sink, but every point on the surface has some slope towards the drain. No standing water. Made from polished concrete. The circle on the wall next to it is a recess where the soap dispenser is. The larger ring near the floor is a pop-out trash can. Faucet is motion sensing and comes straight out of the wall. Because it is a wet room, the cabinet itself is cantilevered off the wall.

sedrosken

Florida Man
I switched to SeaMonkey. Was missing the all-included-ness of Netscape Communicator and Mozilla of old. Plus, it's still compatible with Firefox and all that. And I doubt its UI layout will ever change significantly, as I'm convinced one of the main points of SeaMonkey is to play into nostalgia while being able to render modern content. I use the Early Blue theme on SeaMonkey 2.29 beta, I really like it. Got rid of the gadgets and took RainMeter for a spin. Didn't like it. Too much manual configuration (having flashbacks of my experience with IceWM... never again...) Since I now use NoScript, I was having issues using the advanced editor here. Took me longer than it should have for me to realize that I should probably allow SF to use javascript, ha.

Screenshot (16).png
My desktop,

Screenshot (17).png
and my SeaMonkey setup.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
A desktop. From my laptop. Which is safe for work.

desktop.jpg

I contemplated uploading my main desktop at home complete with plausible-deniability pixel blurring.