Shutdown virus?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
I had to reinstall my OS recently. It would start up, then, after going for a bit on startup, shutdown, then restart.

Nod32 found an infected file with Nero, actually a Nero update. Anyone else have such a problem?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Was the nero warez (sorry have to ask)? Nero has grown to a big pile of crap in the past year or so, my advice is to never do a default install of it, just select nero burning rom and nothing else from the whole "media" suite. Well sometimes I make an exception for cover designer...

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't seen that issue with Nero when I've scanned with NOD32 in the past.

I'm still using version 7.x because I haven't seen any reason to upgrade. I agree with you MaxBurn, I go through and disable almost everything. I cannot stand that stupid scout tool they include.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I used Nod32's online scanning feature recently. It freaked out on a Nero 7 update I had downloaded from Nero's site circa 2006.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I use Recode, Vision, the Sound Editor and both the full and express versions of Nero. The media player that ships with Nero 7 will play HDDVDs and BDs if you have a drive that supports those formats.

However, I always do a custom install and don't add any of the other stuff.

ddrueding

Fixture
Recode is useful, as is Burning ROM. I don't install the rest. It is a lot like Winamp in that the basic functionality is sweet, but you can't accept a default install or it blows.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
This was an update file, and, I deleted it.

I do a Nero Express install, and that's it.

It also seems that the theme files for 2003 are gone from MSFT's website...