SNMP

ddrueding

Fixture
SNMP - Anyone using it? What programs do you use for monitoring? What things do you watch for? I'm looking at various OSS implementations (Net-SNMP, OpenSNMP) and am wondering what is working for other people. I'm looking at just monitoring my managed switches and VPN connections at the moment, but would love to include the rest of my stuff as well.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I am rather involved in SNMP traps and polling but unfortunately only in our narrow focus for our corporate monitoring solutions of our own products and a small amount of third party stuff. We sell Nform for a kind of medium solution but I am not involved in that end at all but sometimes we are working with customers sending traps from Openview or WhatsUP. Not working with anything free I'm afraid.

ddrueding

Fixture
Right now I'm trying the iReasoning MIB Browser. Not OSS, but free. I've been able to pull data from a 3Com switch, but it is in anything but a user-friendly presentation; just a column of variables and values, with no real way to manage the info.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I get a lot of use out of Solarwinds IP Monitor, but it's neither free nor open. For that matter, it costs a bloody fortune. But it works really well and integrates SNMP and WMI management, which makes it really nice for general network management.