Sold on Dual CPUs?

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
James said:
Cliptin said:
How do you stream DVDs around the house? When you ripped your DVDs did they maintain their multichannel audio? I've heard that can be a problem.
I use an 802.11b network and just open server-based movie files with Windows Media Player from the remote client. The sound is just stereo because (a) the clients are for the most part not tremendously powerful CPU-wise. The movies are destined to be watched on a fairly small screen, not connected to a full surround sound system plus big screen TV (I use the original DVDs and my main home theatre setup for that). (b) 802.11b has limited bandwidth available and AC3 audio is fairly large and (c) all the problems Mercutio mentioned.

OK. This is what I'm doing too. I thought you might have some setup like Merc but with video.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Clocker said:
Searching around on the net (actually google news search) I have found about 10C is a fairly common difference...at least for the MPX. If these were slot CPUs I would not hesitate to switch them just to see the difference but it is a PITA to swap these socketed CPUs...

C

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I was running MP processors. In addition, I was not overclocking. I wonder if overclocking is making your AGP card hotter, thus reflecting off of the CPU?