Somebody misbehave!

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Either I'm the best damn moderator around or you guys are the best behaved bunch of people on the internet. I feel like the "Maytag" repair man. :mrgrn:

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Relax and accept it, Flags, you're just the best damn moderator around. :)

But how come I'm wearing a badge too? I thought we elected Mercutio as the other mod?

No matter, I'll just sit here in the station drinking tea and minding the radio. You can cruise on out on patrol and handle all the calls.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I know some people that can help you with your problem: You know, some sociopaths. But do you really want their help, because while I can get them here, I can't turn them off once they start doing their thing.

Yes the people that are actually here are very well behaved and responsible people: The people that are here are those that started it in the first place and they care enough not to abuse it. To help you, what is needed are selfish irresposible people that care only about themselves and those people are not here.

More to the point, we just outright need more people here. To get these people here, there needs to be an attractant that does not exist, yet. What are we doing special that is not served by others that people want, so that they come and stay? With more people, comes the opportunity of more problems to solve. Currently, you are like counter-help in a store that has few to no customers. Time to get a book and start reading.

Would you like some practice problems. I could set you up with some posts for you to practice on. It would probably be fun to see how creative I can be while trying to make you as miserable as possible by streching the limit to every rule and rationally trying to produce valid reasons that you can't ignore as much as you would want to and prevent you from doing what you know is right.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Yup, no badge here. I don't mind. Bill is obviously doing a swell job as our moderator. ;)

(and, since everyone who has participated in this thread thusfar is also privvy to the mods forum... didn't I basically say we wouldn't need mods much at the start?)

As far the Support part of this site, I had *no* idea how clueless people are until I started teaching computers and troubleshooting. The skills that I positively take for granted (making boot disks, "just knowing" how to take cases apart, organizing cables, for crissakes!) elevate me to almost divine status at the training company I work for - and that's with the other trainers (most of 'em teach basic Windows or MOUS stuff). People just don't know this stuff. We have tons to offer. Outreach to the people who have never seen Control Panel - and there are a lot of them out there, wow, that's a stretch. Much needed, too. Maybe FAQs? Original content?

I don't have a problem with you making us miserable Mark, as long as you then recuse yourself from the mods group (so as to not influence any decisionmaking).

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Misbehave, hummm.....Well, luckily for you, there happens to be a thread in the Computer forum where both I and HellDiver currently participates so maybe I could...;-)

Regarding the support to computer-clueless people ; I don't know for you guys but there are few things I find more boring than to show a dummy (computer dummy, that is) the basics of computer science. I did too much of this in my life, I'm not longer able to find interest in this. I wouldn't mind if I would just have to give a hand for a few "how-to", but the problem with novices is that once you start to help them even a tiny bit, they see you as their savior and harrass you with the oh so painful and then what? Once, ok. Twice, still fine. Three times, they are trying my limited patience but I'm still polite. Four times, I start to wonder if they had a mom. Five times, ARRGGGHH! Get the hell out of my view!

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
We are all a bunch of good guys... :wink:

council.gif

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Mercutio said:
As far the Support part of this site, I had *no* idea how clueless people are until I started teaching computers and troubleshooting. The skills that I positively take for granted (making boot disks, "just knowing" how to take cases apart, organizing cables, for crissakes!) elevate me to almost divine status at the training company I work for - and that's with the other trainers (most of 'em teach basic Windows or MOUS stuff). People just don't know this stuff. We have tons to offer. Outreach to the people who have never seen Control Panel - and there are a lot of them out there, wow, that's a stretch. Much needed, too. Maybe FAQs? Original content?

I don't have a problem with you making us miserable Mark, as long as you then recuse yourself from the mods group (so as to not influence any decisionmaking).

I actually like helping the clueless. I find that I like the grateful feeling that the supply in abundance. I find that the greatest impact on productivity comes from making them in to productive people.

The next best productivity enhancer is just the oppiset where I take some macro capability of a computer/OS/Application and actually use it to replace tasks that were previously being done by hand. The problem with that scale of enhancement is that one does not get the same feedback. Hey, different people have different motivations and different feedback needs and one finds the level that works best for themselves.

If the moderators actually want me to produce testing then it is appropiate that there be a forum dedicatied to it that the general public does not ever see.

It would improve the testing if there were more people involved creating problems than just me because I don't pretend to be able to come up with all potential biases, or rationals: different people look at things differently and will come up with entirely different concepts and rationals for their behavior.

There are good and bad points to me not having access to the moderator forum. In real life, the people you are dealing with would not have access to it and would not be able to see your actuall thinking process. However, this is not real life and the more information I have concerning your thinking process the easier it is to actually craft problems that involve issues not considered within that process. The whole point is to actually influence the decision process: To an improved level.

I also note that these would be practice with everyone knowing it is so. This does not create the same emotions and reactions by the parties involved. However, it is still good practice and creates an ability to setup procedures more rationally that may do well when emotions and the stakes are much higher.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
CougTek said:
Regarding the support to computer-clueless people ; I don't know for you guys but there are few things I find more boring than to show a dummy (computer dummy, that is) the basics of computer science. I did too much of this in my life, I'm not longer able to find interest in this. I wouldn't mind if I would just have to give a hand for a few "how-to", but the problem with novices is that once you start to help them even a tiny bit, they see you as their savior and harrass you with the oh so painful and then what? Once, ok. Twice, still fine. Three times, they are trying my limited patience but I'm still polite. Four times, I start to wonder if they had a mom. Five times, ARRGGGHH! Get the hell out of my view!
It is of outmost importance in every teaching/learning procedure to make the other understand the solution so he/she could apply it by him/herself on similar problems. A good teaching is not achieved by just showing the way in the fastest and most painless way, but through a complex procedure which stimulates the productive (and deductive) thinking of the person who receives.

Moreover, I strongly believe that the GUIs of modern OSs, like Windows XP, are very well-designed so you can actually reach every setting with little experience, just by experimenting. And experimenting is good for the learning procedure!!

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
. .
flagreen said:
Either I'm the best damn moderator around or you guys are the best behaved bunch of people on the internet.

After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh. The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you.

You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood.

May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.

You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool.

You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grody wanking oik artless base-court apple-john.

You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid.

You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

Your attempt at constructing a creative post was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

. .

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for testing MySQL with that long post Gary.

-Doug :eek4:

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
GIANT said:
. .
flagreen said:
Either I'm the best damn moderator around or you guys are the best behaved bunch of people on the internet.

After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh. The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you.

You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood.

May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.

You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool.

You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grody wanking oik artless base-court apple-john.

You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid.

You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

Your attempt at constructing a creative post was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

. .
As I used to say to the ex-wife - "...and your point is?" :drnk:

Handruin

Administrator
I'll tell ya, SF has some wordy people. ;) A few weeks ago we were doing database size comparisons over at the forum development site, and I found that our DB size is very large for the number of posts. The size of our database compares to others who have 14,000 posts. ;)

Nothing like a long quote for a short reply. ;)

(I really don't care if the database is huge, just thought it was funny)

James

Storage is cool
Ah, that ol' insult post has been wheeled out for some air again, it's nice to see it. Has it already been six months since we saw it last?

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:

I see your avatar is missing. If you have a minute, try uploading it to the site in your profile using the avatar tools. Let me know if it works.

Oh yeah, there's an avatar gallery everyone. (I went to all that trouble to find you nifty avatars and forgot to tell everyone.) ;)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck said:
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:
Yo YO!! It seems to work great. Thanks Doug!!

C

You're gonna have to change your alias now to Glocker.

????

Your avatar is someone pointing guns, so I was referring to Glasten Glock firearms. (Of course my poor vision could easily be fooled.)

Damn! I didn't even look at it that close. I thought it was a guy just pointing his fingers at the camera!!

I need to find my own Avatar. None of these fit me right ...hmmmm..

C

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:

C

????

Your avatar is someone pointing guns, so I was referring to Glasten Glock firearms. (Of course my poor vision could easily be fooled.)

Damn! I didn't even look at it that close. I thought it was a guy just pointing his fingers at the camera!!

C

Find a cool image, crop a section down to 80 x 80 pixels and upload it. :) I tried to upload a bunch of avatars...but they kinda suck.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
THe stuff you found is great, Doug. I'm just a picky bitch.

I'll find one eventually but it really isn;t a priority right now....thx for the info though.

C

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:

C

????

C

Find a cool image, crop a section down to 80 x 80 pixels and upload it. :) I tried to upload a bunch of avatars...but they kinda suck.
I wonder how far we can go like this?

Handruin

Administrator
CougTek said:
Handruin said:
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:
Buck said:
Clocker said:

C

????

C

I wonder how far we can go like this?

I dunno, but it looks cool.

Handruin

Administrator
James said:
Talking about avatars, Doug, yours is nasty. :)

Hey hey, leave my avatar alone. :cooler: You're just mad because you didn't see him (it) first. ;)

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I think that Tannin's and Tea's are fitting. Too bad TonyWilson has banned himself from forums. I'm sure seeing his avatar would be a laugh (or shock).

BR

Handruin

Administrator
Buck said:
I think that Tannin's and Tea's are fitting. Too bad TonyWilson has banned himself from forums. I'm sure seeing his avatar would be a laugh (or shock).

BR

Don't forget CNN sport. :)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Why thankyou Buck. Coming from the man with the best-chosen pair of avatars on the site, that's a compliment indeed! Tannin and I were just saying the other day that we liked the air of old-fashioned, no-nonsense good cheer your friend the Bartender has about him, and your own image carries a real sense of maturity and wisdom. We wondered if it was really you or not for a while, but in the end we decided that it was a picture of your good self as a younger man.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Actually, I think Tea is rather sweet on the Bartender, and no doubt about it, that moustache is cool. (She seems to have a bit of a thing about hairy men.)

As for Mercutio's ..... well, now I know why he surfs with graphics disabled!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Are you intimating that the sight of Bill Gates' face, covered with pie, does not bring even the tiniest bit of joy to your life?