Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
That last comment made me think of a neat story.

In high school, I was dating a girl that had been born to a lesbian couple (thnaks to a friend's "donation"). She was awesome and I still keep up with her parents to this day. In High School when we started dating, she had to go home and have "the talk":

"Mom, mom, I don't know how to tell you this, but, I'm straight."

It was hilarious at the time.

ddrueding

Fixture
Alright. It's nearly 5AM and for the second night I've left a girl who would be more than happy to sleep with me to sleep on the futon. Granted, these girls are not soul-mate materiel, and it's not that some moves were made, but when it came down to it I realized that I didn't really give a damn one way or the other and decided to sleep alone. WTF is wrong with me? I think this last (relatively serious) girl still has a grip on me.

Damnit, I know she's out of the picture. She's younger and more naiive and in another fucking state, and quite possibly a bit crazy (at the very least she has a different agenda) and I still think of her every minute. This is really starting to piss me off. What I need is a better option, and I keep bringing home cute duds.

ddrueding

Fixture
Well now I'm proper fucked. The girl at Julliard (sp?) has re-defined our breakup as "we're not seeing each other as long as I'm in New York" and is in the middle of a breakdown, the girl at UPS has decided that she doesn't want to teach, she wants to move back to CA and that god in fact thinks it's ok for us to be together. All this the same night I have a really nice evening with one of the girls I Tango with, who really should wait for her divorce to finalise (and probably some time after that) before getting into another relationship. The eldest is more than double the age of the youngest, and as such is stable, well-adjusted, and confident; exactly what I need.

Perhaps I would be doing all womankind a favor if I lost my weapons of mass destruction, but I refuse to disarm.

PUI

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
DD,

1. Obtain some duct tape.
2. Wrap the lower area of your torse completely with said tape.
3. Yank vigorously
4. Repeat as needed.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Holy crap! I leave the country for a few weeks and thatais is whats happenes?

I dunno if there are more gays in nerrc';s neck of teh wooklds or simply that hen has a greert insight (probably tegh latter). Amnyway, i cannot distiguish the gayd abnd starights, qwhether mael or feamel. Womans are not attratted to me oprimarily due to my persona;lityy.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
No, it is the fingersand keyborad, exacerbated by major diaraheas.

ddrueding

Fixture
Ah, got it. I'm going to the forst theatre in Carmel tonight with 6 beautiful women to drink wine and eat cheese while watching a friend perform. Any takers? There might be room on the blanket if we squeezed together a bit more...

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
I hope you get crabs. Smug bastard. :wink:

bobblebutt.gif

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
omeone ere tarted hread aying hat ll ou eed o ecognise entence s he irst etter nd aybe he ast etter s ell. nyway, ondered ow ifficult t ould e o ead entence ith ll he irst etters issing nstead.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Tea said:
omeone ere tarted hread aying hat ll ou eed o ecognise entence s he irst etter nd aybe he ast etter s ell. nyway, ondered ow ifficult t ould e o ead entence ith ll he irst etters issing nstead.

ot ifficult, ust nnoying.

Handruin

Administrator
Who the hell puts green peppers in lasagna? Nasty-ass lunch today. :puke-r:

Handruin

Administrator
BTW, search for "something random" in google. We rank pretty high on the list.

Mercutio

Google gets its results by ranking not only the number of links to a given page, but also the number of visitors the linking pages are thought to have. Links off sites like msn.com or slashdot.org are given a high pagerank value and will therefore be closer to the top of an appropriate google search.

Mercutio

Another funny thing about how google works: the responses that you get depend on how many servers responded to your search and what their responses were.
Do a search for something pathetically common like the letter "e" a few different times and note the vastly different number of responses google claims to have. Usually the positioning of responses doesn't start varying until the second or third page of results, but it could be that we're pretty close to even with the other potential #1.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
#2 here also, but it drops to #7 if I put the phrase in quotes.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Anyone know how I can link "application/x-mplayer2" objects to Xine under Mozilla on Linux?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Different.

Not that I'll be trying or anything. It's not like I can afford to fly these days even if I were interested...