Something Random

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
So I had a Coke Zero Sugar today and it has no sugar. WTF?
It tastes strange as well. :(

LunarMist

But the ingredients are similar to other diet colas. They should not be allowed to use the word sugar in the name, when it contains no sugar.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
But the ingredients are similar to other diet colas. They should not be allowed to use the word sugar in the name, when it contains no sugar.

Did you think the zero applied to word Coke? Which makes more sense: Coke Zero, sugar or Coke, zero sugar?

LunarMist

Did you think the zero applied to word Coke? Which makes more sense: Coke Zero, sugar or Coke, zero sugar?

Coke Zero is well established and has no sugar. What is the actual difference between Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar and why are there three, not to mention the caffeine free?

LunarMist

Few people speak French in Toronto's area. It's in Ontario, Canada. It isn't in Québec.

We have an office near Toronto and out of ~20 employees, only two are able to communicate in French and it isn't their main language.

Thanks. I should find out something after the NH-VT meeting in about two weeks.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
What is the actual difference between Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar and why are there three, not to mention the caffeine free?

They all used different sweeteners in place of sugar.

Diet Coke - aspartame
Coke Zero + Coke Zero Sugar - aspartame and acesulfame potassium

Note: Coke Zero Sugar is just Coke Zero rebranded due to a slightly different mix in sweeteners used (which lead to a slightly different taste). Coke Zero Sugar replaces Coke Zero in many markets.

LunarMist

They all used different sweeteners in place of sugar.

Diet Coke - aspartame
Coke Zero + Coke Zero Sugar - aspartame and acesulfame potassium

Note: Coke Zero Sugar is just Coke Zero rebranded due to a slightly different mix in sweeteners used (which lead to a slightly different taste). Coke Zero Sugar replaces Coke Zero in many markets.

I'll stick with Diet Coke then.

Handruin

Administrator
I enjoy Coke Zero more than Diet Coke. I've greatly reduced my intake of it though because it's not good for me.

Handruin

Administrator
I mainly drink Polar Seltzer these days. The lime flavor is my favorite and it has no calories and nothing artificial.

LunarMist

It still has such a low pH.
Are you not fond of Asian aspartame? :lol: Neutersweet gave up when Pepsi bailed out.

LunarMist

Is that a legal vehicle? I only see the frame. Need to get back on the normal carrier. Roaming at 3g is not so good.

ddrueding

Fixture
Not a legal vehicle. Almost certainly a full race car with a tubular chassis and lightweight shell. But on that note my current daily isn't entirely legal in this state anyway....

LunarMist

Not a legal vehicle. Almost certainly a full race car with a tubular chassis and lightweight shell. But on that note my current daily isn't entirely legal in this state anyway....

But your family can fit?

ddrueding

Fixture
We are a family of three (Wife, kid, me). Therefore we only need one car that can seat 3, and one that can seat my kid and I. Bolting a child seat into the back of the cage seems entirely legit.

Stereodude

Not really a
I hung 18500 lumens of LED lighting in my garage on Saturday. It took about 10 hours to do all the necessary modifications, wiring, installation, and cleanup.

attachment.php

Now it can be really bright for working on projects out there. :cooler:

attachment.php

The switch on the wall can control power to all of them. The 4 lights over the cars also have pull chains on them so they can be powered off even when the wall switch on since most of the time I don't need all that light when I step out there for a minute to put something in the trash or recycling bins. It's a big upgrade from the single bare 60W incandescent bulb that was on the ceiling before.

20171015_163058_sm.jpg 20171015_163231_sm.jpg

ddrueding

Fixture
Indeed. Typically, for me, me spending time in the garage is productive time. Anything that encourages me to spend more time in the garage is a good thing. Making it bright certainly helps.

Handruin

Administrator
I ran into an issue with my desktop over the weekend which I found annoying. The issue related to Windows 10 not booting because the motherboard could not find the boot partition. Roughly about a month ago I did a clean install of Windows since it had been a while. My desktop had gone through a cycle of upgrades ranging from Windows 8 > Windows 8.1 > Windows 10 > Windows 10 updates, etc. I backed up all my stuff and did a secure erase on my SSD. Everything went fine and I did a clean install without issue. Fast-forward to Sunday, I was going through my files and I've migrated my data off of my last-remaining Samsung 1TB HDD. This drive has been giving me periodic SMART errors and the drive is long past it's prime. I forgot to check but I'd recon it has between 7-8 years of power on time so it owes me nothing.

Once I removed this drive and rebooted, Windows would no longer boot and my system would go into the UEFI BIOS to help me located a boot drive. Long story short, when I did the clean install, windows chose to put that system partition on my 1TB drive so now I was fucked after removing this drive. I tried a bunch of the various boot sector repairs and and built-in repairs from Microsoft. I eventually gave up and did a clean install on a new SSD...this time with all other drives disconnected. I read several suggestions that recommended disconnecting all other drives because this situation can happen. I could still see my original boot drive after I reconnected it to the new OS install. I then copied all the data over and it wasn't a big deal but still very annoying. At least with modern CPUs and fast SSDs the Windows 10 install doesn't take that long. Restoring the data from the other SSD was also amazingly fast which was nice.

Stereodude

Not really a
I saw something similar when I was clean installing Windows 10 on a few systems with Windows 7 keys back before the free W10 upgrade expired. I learned quickly to install to the SSD with all the other drives disconnected.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Why not? When you want light, you want light.
+1. You can never have too much light. ;)

I converted my workroom to LED about two years ago. 5000K, CRI 90+, 1800 lumens per tube, 10800 lumens total.

Workroom.jpg

I actually need this much light when I'm working with tiny surface mount parts. The rest of the time, I just have one fixture on.

Nice job in the garage. Looks like more than enough light for anything you might need to do in there.

LunarMist

I thought about it back in the 80s, but did not want to deal with the ventilation issues. I think they have some electric vents now, but am not sure about the building regulations.

LunarMist

They are in the case fans, memory modules, motherboards and graphic cards. I don't own such a system, but when I'll eventually upgrade my aging tower, I'd like to be able to do so with ending up with a disco ball sitting on my desk.

My new mainboard has red LEDs on the surface and underneath somewhere. It also has a connector for additional lights for something equally useless I suspect.

Handruin

Administrator
If that's your opinion then sure. I don't know anything about it to offer any reasonable conversation.