Something Random

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
When I called her she turned around and inside her mouth was a mouse.

Sounds like natural instinct asserting itself. As Howell mentioned, the transfer of poison to your cat that the mouse ate is a bigger concern then the mouse itself.

My brother's cat used to kill scorpions all the time inside his old house. Pest control at its finest.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Why would someone have the same first and last names? It's bizarre.

LunarMist

WTF is up with the Amazon? Every link I click says "something is wrong on our end" and there is an image of different dog.
Is it just me?

LunarMist

Not just you.

Yeah, like this.
34._TTD_.jpg

LunarMist

It appears to be normal today, not that I can buy anything for another 8-10 days.

Handruin

Administrator
What do each of the letters stand for in this acronym because I'm not recalling what PIO means at all.

LunarMist

I'll be home and try to search tonight. Can't take the city again. It seems I'm either traveling to the big cities or in the tules lately.

LunarMist

I guess the search doesn't work correctly with short words.

Memory cards used PIO long after UDMA HDDs arrived.

sedrosken

Florida Man
On the subject of PIO, for the longest time the Win98 machines I would set up would have awful IO performance compared to XP on the same machines because I didn't know what DMA was, so never enabled it. These days I know better. Until I forget. :joker:

LunarMist

On the subject of PIO, for the longest time the Win98 machines I would set up would have awful IO performance compared to XP on the same machines because I didn't know what DMA was, so never enabled it. These days I know better. Until I forget. :joker:

IIRC that was in the BIOS and usually on by default.

sedrosken

Florida Man
No, on 9x you'd have to enable DMA drive by drive under Device Manager. I know this for certain because I just did it yesterday. :frusty:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
No, on 9x you'd have to enable DMA drive by drive under Device Manager. I know this for certain because I just did it yesterday. :frusty:

Yes, this is correct. However, if you install the motherboard drivers it would usually enable it if I'm remembering the correctly.

Stereodude

Not really a
I gave my formal written two weeks notice at my current job today. I'm looking forward to putting this disastrous experience behind me.

ddrueding

Fixture
In the past I've given two weeks notice, but have always been asked to leave immediately. Typical security protocol at larger companies in sensitive positions.

Stereodude

Not really a
In the past I've given two weeks notice, but have always been asked to leave immediately. Typical security protocol at larger companies in sensitive positions.
I've never been asked to leave immediately. My last job grounded me to the office though and had me stop going to customers several days a week which had been my standard work schedule / location.

Handruin

Administrator
I gave four weeks at my last job and was not asked to leave. I had a good manager and a good working relation with him with a lot of domain knowledge to transition.