Something Random

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
That is not me. :smack:

A procedure was scheduled for Monday, but Friday there was an aspiration and septic pneumonia diagnosed. :(

LunarMist

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or heredoc end (T_END_HEREDOC) or ${ (T_DOLLAR_OPEN_CURLY_BRACES) or {$ (T_CURLY_OPEN) in /var/www/html/storagereview_forums/datastore/widget_topicFeed_3bmsic84x_39b1248f415a6bbf704c46a0009ee531.0df52d95e0.php on line 4

LunarMist

RIP MRG 1938-2018. She put up a good fight but eventually the body gave in to the inevitable.

LunarMist

Well, I have basically have no chance at reaching that even if I had someone to care for me. Dead bodies can be gross and smell, but the dying process over 3-4 days is just terrible for the observers. I know that is relatively short compared to some extended hospice. I really need to have my legal stuff put in order. I want lethal injection or something to make it as fast as possible in case the dying process happens to me. :(

ddrueding

Fixture
Lunar, be sure to have it set up as firmly as possible. My grandmother made her wishes known to me for years, but her mental faculties faded with her health, and by the time it was time she was in full fear/denial mode and there was nothing I could do. There were two years at the end that I'm certain a competent/healthy her would have done without.

LunarMist

I was expecting to die from the tumors or maybe a heart attack later on. In the case of the former there would be enough time and the latter it would not matter.
I was not anticipating a rapid slide to being non compos mentis and then an excessive survival period thereafter. :(

LunarMist

Many years ago there were only a few Medical Alert Systems
such as the famous "I've fallen and can't get it up" brand and now there are so many alternatives.
What your thoughts about the hardware and services?

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
I've looked at a few here in Oz, and most seem to be based on the same underlying hardware (there seems to be only 2-3 ODMs for these devices) especially when looking at ones that are GSM/3G/4G mobile phone based. As for service I guess it'll all be about connectivity options to the wider world and how much customisation can be performed. Some range from it dials their call-centre system, through to direct dialling 000 (or 911 for US) and sending SMS messages to NOK (next of kin).

I can't offer any advise on services as we're in different countries. (and they would be different).

@sd, unfortunately for most people who are using these, a mobile phone (without customisation) seems a little too difficult for them. Most want a device with a single button that when pushed auto-dials emergency services and/or notifies next-of-kin. Having to unlock a phone, and maybe tap 2-3 items may be considered too life threatening in an extreme emergency...

LunarMist

If you carry a cell phone with you (even in the house) if seems unnecessary.

If you carry a cell phone with you (even in the house) if seems unnecessary.

Phones are bulky and no place to put them all the time. I mean those small boxes that can also go around the neck or arm.
The main issue is finding a number, deciding who to call, etc. Apparently it is difficult to think clearly during hypoxia from heart attack or stroke.

LunarMist

I've looked at a few here in Oz, and most seem to be based on the same underlying hardware (there seems to be only 2-3 ODMs for these devices) especially when looking at ones that are GSM/3G/4G mobile phone based. As for service I guess it'll all be about connectivity options to the wider world and how much customisation can be performed. Some range from it dials their call-centre system, through to direct dialling 000 (or 911 for US) and sending SMS messages to NOK (next of kin).

I can't offer any advise on services as we're in different countries. (and they would be different).

@sd, unfortunately for most people who are using these, a mobile phone (without customisation) seems a little too difficult for them. Most want a device with a single button that when pushed auto-dials emergency services and/or notifies next-of-kin. Having to unlock a phone, and maybe tap 2-3 items may be considered too life threatening in an extreme emergency...

Calling emergency services is probably not the best first option here due to the high costs.
I'd prefer a system that contacts a call center of some kind.

LunarMist

I didn't say it was new. However, no one else posted here previously (that I'm aware of), so... :bomb:

The best part might just be at 5m30s, not 4m30s

It looks like a 2D phase diagram and is misogynistic as well.
I don't see elements of a material or mathematical matrix as titled.

LunarMist

Maybe you can trade one of them for a new sense of humor. :eek:wneddnce:

I have a well developed sense of humour. I do prefer it dry and dark.
Perhaps if I were the gunslinger of Georgia I would have a different view.
I've been involved with mental issues for years so using derogatory terms such as crazy is not funny.

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
I think this is the longest-lived Windows install I've had in a long, long while. I might be cheating a little by referring to it as one singular installation when it started life on my 120GB Sandisk SSD and not only got moved to my 240GB SSDNow! but also got converted from an MBR to UEFI install, not to mention how some Windows updates are distributed as whole new builds of the OS and install accordingly, but I think it still qualifies. The oldest thing by modify date in my Windows folder is from 8/19/2017 so that's what I'm using as my measuring stick of sorts.

Usually I'll hold onto an install for two, maybe three months at most, then I'll get the itch again and OS hop once more. But now with the sheer scale and amount of the tools and games I install, it's just exhausting to do it all every time I reinstall, so I decided to cut the crap and stop wasting my time. Windows 10 is annoying at times, but more or less I'm happy.

Hurrah for laziness I guess.