Sony PVm-1910Q

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
What can someone tell me about this display device? It has so many connections in the back and of unusual character that I'm not sure what it is. Specificly, is it worth taking home if I can get it for free?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I believe it's a smallish presentation display. A TV without a tuner and with some more-interesting-than-usual connectors on the back.

LeDr9

What is this storage?
I have the same monitor, the only problem is that the "power supply" is getting weak and weaker... this become evident (unless I am mistaken) when a video with intense white appears (mostly during a TV commercial).

Otherwise, this monitor that I have paid $15 for (from a recycler) offers a very nice (soft) picture screen... nothing as crisp as our other more modern monitors (Wega or XBR), but for $15... I get a bit of the glorius history of Sony from the time all their TV where builded in Japan, not in Mexico as it's the case today.

Cherio!

paugie

Storage is cool
$15 each?
Can you load a few in a 20 footer and send them here?
We already have a reputation as a toxic waste dump so I suppose accepting them would be no problem. ^_^

Uh, I forgot to ask, what is measurement of the screen, and what do they weigh? I might be having second thoughts. (joke)

And I noticed you have resurrected a four-year-old thread. Whoa that's mighty deep digging.

And welcome to the forums.

LeDr9

What is this storage?
It's true... $15 for super Sony studio monitor

Believe me, I would have bought a truck load of those monitors but I arrived late at the recycler's shop and there was only one left...

The poor guy went bankrupted few months after that deal... you can imagine why (hum!)

I remember what he told me when I showed interest for the monitor... "You won't like it Sir, there's no TV in there, I don't know what people would do with that junk!"

I told him I would try to find a usage... (LOL)... of course I've found a lot of usages, just pluged a VCR or a DVD or a Satellite receiver...

This morning I've changed the power supply, found one for $5 at another recycler's shop... my 14 years old son will use it for his Wii Machine (Nintendo) he is so happy that I've given him that beautifull pro monitor.

I will use a Sony BVMA25F5U... a monitor that was selling for $11,700 few years back... I paid $50 dollars last week from a liquidator hired by a fédéral agency whose mandate is to sell gouvernment's so called "junk". Wow!

Imagine... for the government it's piece of junk, for guys like me it is a very precious toy.

Wish you where here...

Ciao!

LeDr9

What is this storage?
Where is "here"... meaning "HOME" ?

I am being asked: Where is "here" ?

When I say HERE... I mean "HOME"... wich is Ottawa (Canada).

It's a wonderfull city to raise kids...

Not much of a night life... here... but we have our fun at home (hum!)