SP 3 vs. SP 2? Slower hard drive speeds?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Anybody have a look at the current thread in SR?
SCSI With XP?

I did a test with adaptec's scsi test, and it gave me 108 mb/sec on my raid with SP 2, and about 90 mb/sec with SP 3.

Other then that , 3 feels a bit slower. Maybe 10-20%. Nothing you would notice, on this machine, until you uninstall the new version.

Anything in SP 3 that is of ground shattering need to take the performance hit?

s

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I didn't notice any difference, Santilli, but I didn't take any measurements, and I haven't done anything that uses much in the way of speed lately anyway. Honestly you could swap my XP & X15 for a Celeron with an LCT and it wouldn't make all that much difference to the stuff I do these days. Guess I'm like the guy who buys a Ferarri Boxer and only drives it to the supermarket.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
My girlfriend knows a guy who bought a Ferrari for

his wife, Mrs. Italy, or something like that, that drove it around, no panties, short skirts.

They are now either separated or divorced. I think there is a moral in the story, but I'm not sure...

gs

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Re: My girlfriend knows a guy who bought a Ferrari for

Santilli said:
I think there is a moral in the story, but I'm not sure...

gs
I think there's an immoral in the story, but I'm not sure.

- Fushigi

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Not really sure...

Apparently, that's just the way she was...
s

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance
OK, I think i'm following the logic here correctly... Was Mrs. Italy's husband Service Pack 3, and did SP-2 wear underwear?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
ROFL...

I don't know. It's sort of the shock value of a very beautiful woman, driving around in a Ferrari, with no underwear, and a short dress, that gets all the juices flowing.

If you don't like Italian women, you still like the car, or vice versa(pun intended)

Anyway, I defragged, and the speed tests went back up to being pegged at 110 mb/sec, sustained i/o 256k, for Adaptec Scsi 32.

s