Storage Forum Highlights

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Congratulations go to mubs and CityK. Mubs has passed the 1,000-post mark, currently hovering around 1,034. CityK is as close to 1,000 as you can get on the three-digit side without splitting atoms. Thank you both for your participation. You both write informative posts with a dignified measure of humor and sarcasm.

Drinks on the house (even though it is before noon)!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Good to see two more who have had so much to say here - mubs protestations to the contrary aside, reach that vaunted point.

A tip of the hat to both of you.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
ddrueding said:
Checking in @ 12:19PM...too bad this isn't my first stop.

Congratulations to you both; here's to more!

First stop to a forum, or first stop for a distilled beverage? :D If it is the latter, no worries, a lot can happen within the first 19 minutes of the afternoon. Sometimes they happen sooner.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sun's over the yardarm in this hemisphere. Make mine a double!

Mubs and CityK are, in a sense, similar. They are both what we south-of-the-equator-and-east-of-India people call quiet achievers - people who contribute a good deal more than you realise till you stop to think about it for a moment.

Thankyou both for doing more than you probably realise to make Storage Forum such a damn good place to hang about in. It didn't get to be my first and sometimes only daily port of electronic call by accident, you know.

Oh, and I nearly forgot. CityK and Mubs are also quite possibly the only two sane people here. Except perhapsy for Fugushi. And Micky. (Oh, and me, of course.)

Honestly though, when you look at the others, it's scary! Look at Santilli, always asking questions about "budget systems" with twin Xeons in them, for example. Or Mercutio, juzt say the word "Nvidia" and he starts frothing at the mouth. Or JTR, who only manages to be so astonishingly articulate on rare occassions because he can't read a word of what he writes on that recycled garbage can he calls a monitor.

And then there is Buck. Well ... Buck is kind of sensible, indeed he usually seems like the most sensible one here, but I think he's just pretending. P5 is another dark horse: just when you think it's safe to go back in the water, he floors you. Gary is a multple schitzophrenic. Tannin only touches reality for long enough at any one time to invent yet another imaginary friend. And, of course, there are our resident token rednecks (er .. should I name names?)

(No!)

(Shuddup, Tannin. You should have said "yes" if you actually meant "no". You know I always listen carefully to whatever you say, and make sure I do the opposite.)

Where was I? Oh yeah. Our token rednecks: RWIndiana, Pradeep, Howell and the granddaddy of them all, Flagreeen. I mean, what sort of rednecks are you guys anyway? You actually hold sensible conversations and tend to be civilised most of the time. Ha! I think you're just pretending to be rednecks, and one of these days I'm going to turn up unsuspected and catch you in real life. Then we will see!

As for Handruin, what can you say about a man who puts up with manics like you lot (CityK and Mubs excepted) and actually seems to like it?

Now. Is there anyone I haven't offended yet?

Bartender? Another double, pleashe. Tannin is off to Western Australia in the morning and I'm planning to stay right here in the Pub and Brewerery getting zloshed.

CityK? Pull up a chare and fall down. Or sit, or somethshing. Mubs, you don't drinksh, do you? No matter. Have some tea. I always likes tea.

Doesh anybody mind if I have anothser couple? of drinksh now? No Shtorage Phorum till January! Yike!

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
hesh? wHere did evREdbody GO? Doeshen't anybodyone want to stalk tome? Bartender? Canihaveanotherdrinknow? Doesnh'tmatterwhichbottle, anybottlewillbeprettycloshetonearenough. Thankyoubartendsher, verykindofyou, jushtfillerupwhileIhavealittleschnoozeforamoment.

Barshtender? Whoturnedthelightshout?

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Boy she'z a stronge ape. Pulling that emtpy bottle from her hand iz like . . . er . . . pulling a bottle from the hand of an orangatun. Anyway, I'm sorry she found the chocolate milk, she alwayz gets this way with a little cocoa in her. Fortunately she'z not too heavy, I can pick her up and put her on the sofa; let her sleep the night away so that she'll be awake when the old man comez around to pick her up in the morning for their next adventure.

PS: Young furry one, you forgot to mention a few of our regularz.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Why thank you folks. Ordinarily I would pull up to the bar Tea, but I'm a little short on time tonight, and besides, it looks like you've, err, already taken care of my portion of the bottle too!