StorageForum Statistics page

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Wow, can't believe I'm the most active topic starter. And with quite a lead considering #2 is almost gone and that #3 will probably post less and less topics as the site has less and less problems.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The top 10 members represent nearly 50% of the posts. Is that a healthy proportion? Where is the P Wiz lately?

SteveC

Storage is cool
LunarMist said:
The top 10 members represent nearly 50% of the posts. Is that a healthy proportion?
Considering the small number of regular posters, I'd say it's about right. But I think there's something wrong with the listing for top 10 posters for this month: they account for 101% of the posts!

Where is the P Wiz lately?
He left for SR.

LunarMist

SteveC said:
But I think there's something wrong with the listing for top 10 posters for this month: they account for 101% of the posts!
Maybe a rounding error?

Where is the P Wiz lately?
He left for SR.

Kids. :roll:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
LunarMist said:
The top 10 members represent nearly 50% of the posts. Is that a healthy proportion?
I don't know. I often wonder if I should moderate myself from posting, but every time I do or that another poster-on-a-frenzy do (like Tannin did this Fall), the forum becomes lethargic and few new discussions appear.

So I guess it isn't a problem with the regulars that take too much place but with the on-and-off regulars that do not take enough.

Anyway, I think the forum is relatively fine, no matter what's the proportion of who's posting what.

Handruin

Administrator
On a larger scale, look at the number of members vs the total number of posts...that scale is way off compared to other forums. Not to mention a good 75% of the members don't participate.

LunarMist

Mercutio said:
If you'd like to do an author search for threads by PW, you can read all about it yourself.

OK. I have a better understanding now. :eek:

CougTek said:
So I guess it isn't a problem with the regulars that take too much place but with the on-and-off regulars that do not take enough.

*sigh* If only I could be a regular as in the good old days at SR. :(

SteveC

Storage is cool
LunarMist said:
SteveC said:
But I think there's something wrong with the listing for top 10 posters for this month: they account for 101% of the posts!
Maybe a rounding error?
The actual number is ~65%, so that's a big rounding error.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
LunarMist said:

It would be interesting to get your take on the discussions the precipitated those events, LM. Especially now that 6 months have passed.

CougTek said:

This is the heart of the matter. I don't think I post too much, nor you nor Blake, nor Tannin (when he's in the mood). We seem to have a solid core of VERY dedicated members who will pretty much always be here. There are others who stop in ever 3 or 6 months (recent visits from adriel, Syrob, bahngeist) and, er, not a whole lot who fall in between.

I suspect we have more lurkers than I can account for as well. Not much to do about that.

LunarMist said:

We all know there are other things on your plate. Computers aren't your first interest, either. Frankly I'm glad you swing by at all; even moreso when you're posting here regularly.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I guess I'm the only one who can't figure out who was LunarMist on the pre-MBF SR. I really don't have a clue. BigT is now Laurent there. TMD is apparently gone forever. Sean had way more temper than Lunarmist has shown here. Can't be Jehh (doesn't have 2000+). Mitch808 already logged here on his former acronym. Not Radboy, not Axl, who? TimZack? I really, REALLY, can't see which past SR regular is Lunarmist.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
CougTek said:
I guess I'm the only one who can't figure out who was LunarMist on the pre-MBF SR. I really don't have a clue. BigT is now Laurent there. TMD is apparently gone forever. Sean had way more temper than Lunarmist has shown here. Can't be Jehh (doesn't have 2000+). Mitch808 already logged here on his former acronym. Not Radboy, not Axl, who? TimZack? I really, REALLY, can't see which past SR regular is Lunarmist.

Don't worry CougTek, I can't figure it out either.

Handruin

Administrator
LunarMist said:
Mercutio said:
If you'd like to do an author search for threads by PW, you can read all about it yourself.

CougTek said:

He still seems angry at us:

"Please bear with it or return to your SF cave"

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm getting a 404 on this page now... I presume it has something to do with the new server.

Handruin

Administrator
This was actually a side effect of the upgrade from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 I did a week or so ago. After the upgrade the stats were throwing all sorts of errors. So I removed the files and the database entries to clean up the mess. I'll research a new stats page for version 2.0.10 of the forum.

I do have to admit that even though I like the fact that phpbb release tons of fixes to the forum, it drives me nuts how hard it is to manage modifications such as the stats page. Every time I upgrade, I need to figure out which files have been affected so that I can reapply the mods.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I hear you loud and clear. This business of stumbling through the PHP, gradually getting the site just the way you want it, and then applying the new, latest must-have upgrade to the software so that you can start applying your desired patches all over again ... It's got knobs on!

Handruin

Administrator
Current Stats. The similies script is broken, I need to figure out what is wrong with it.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Handy, I think this is only a cunning ploy on your part so you can make more posts and stop blakewry from taking the #2 spot off of you (3736 v 3715 as at this post).

:)

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
LOL - the Top Posters graph looks like something from SR, with Mercutio statistically emulating the X15.4, Handy & Blakerboy neck and neck as the Maxline III and the Deskstar 7K400! I can't believe I'm up towards the top, ahead of Tea and Tannin! I must have way to much free time on my hands. Time to take more naps. :D

Handruin

Administrator
Howell said:
Handruin said:
Current Stats. The similies script is broken, I need to figure out what is wrong with it.

We have a script to produce similies? That's awesome, like two springs a year!

I misspoke. The statistics page which calculates the usage of smilies was broken when I first viewed it. Now it appears to be working.

Handruin

Administrator
It's not accessible any longer because that was for the old forum. I'll have to find a vbulletin statistics plugin for us to use.