Stupid Omission : haven't formatted drive to sell...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I was writting my eBay ads for the Maxtor 10K III and Seagate X15-36LP minutes ago when I remembered that I forgot to format them before removing them from my former SCSI box.

...I sold the SCSI HBA two weeks ago.

Although it wasn't my main box, I'm not sure what kind of personal info I left on those drives, so I can't sell them until I'm sure they are erased.

I hate it when I forget such basic things as this. So now, instead of making money by selling two SCSI drives, I have to lay some just to buy a cheap SCSI controller to insure they are clean. Tabarnack.

Handruin

Administrator
If it isn't against your morals...buy the HBA from a retail chain with a liberal return policy. Once you format the drives, return the card. :)

e_dawg

Storage Freak
Have you ever seen one of those retail chains with a liberal return policy carry an LVD SCSI card? I never have.

--------------

Me: Do you sell SCSI hard drives?

Sales rep: Huh? Scuzzy drives? We sell Western Digital and Maxtor. We also provide a special 5 year warranty on them. If anything should happen to it, just bring the drive back here and we will replace it for you free of charge. The neat thing about this is that your drive is probably going to be obsolete by that time anyways, but the replacement drive will be a brand new drive that's probably 5 times the size of your old one so it's like you're getting a free upgrade! We also do annual cleaning and check-ups free of charge. Just bring your computer in and we will clean it and make sure everything's working good. Would you be interested in our product protection guarantee?

Me: Uh, I'm going over there to look at the DVD's. Please don't follow me.

Mickey

Learning Storage Performance
Well, Fry's Electronics would carry said card, AND they have a liberal (overly-so, IMO) return policy. It's a gamble each time you buy something that has been repackaged, though. "You never know what you're going to get," ala Forrest Gump. :)