Suggestions for a 5 port gigabit switch?

Stereodude

Not really a
I want a 5 port gigabit switch that's cheap but decent. My main requirement is that it can't have any fans or make any noise. Obviously I would like decent performance. I currently have an 8 port gigabit SMC 8508T and I'm not very impressed with the throughput I get (not entirely sure the switch is responsible), but this new 5 port one is not to replace it.

If I can get a new & better 8 port (or greater) cheap enough I would be willing to replace this SMC 8508T as well as getting a new 5 port.

Suggestions?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I like Netgear GS105 and GS108 switches. The both support jumbo frames and are fanless.

My biggest complaint is a form-factor issue. The lights are on the same side as the cables and I definately prefer the LED's to be on the front while the cables should be in the rear. They are not the cheapest switches out there ...

Handruin

Administrator
I have the same GS108 that Mark mentioned. It is used for LAN gaming. I haven't used it much, but it worked fine for my needs. I can run a test on it if you know of anything specific...

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I got a US robotics 8 port switch that has been great. This does not have jumbo frames or fans. Does have an internal power supply so no brick, rack mount adapters too if you want that.

What I have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833135203

I had a netgear before that actually died on me. It was weird, I didn't think this stuff died as it was behind a UPS and everything.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
2000Mbps? Interesting...
Just marketting full-Duplex. Any high quality switch is technically 2000: Allowing 1000 in both directions. Lessor switches, won't have the backbone bandwidth to operate full duplex on all ports simultanously, but it is very rare, that one is actually running all ports, simultanously, at full bandwidth, and in both directions. So some lenancy is typically allowed in totall BW unless you're application is an ISP or a telephone company.

I would not spend an extra $250, for a $50 switch, for that capability...

Stereodude

Not really a
I grabbed a GS105 for $30 after rebate (shipped) from buy.com and a GS108 for $55 after rebate (shipped) from newegg.com.