Suggestions for a new avatar

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
So far I'm at a loss for a new avatar. I did make a subtle change this afternoon to the one I currently have, but something tells me it won't help any of the people who found my old one disturbing.

Any suggestions?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Use an Asian eye instead of a Caucasian one? Maybe that will be less disturbing as less of the eyeball is showing. I really can't think of anything else that would go as well with your screen name except some type of eyeball.

I find nothing wrong with your avatar, either old or slightly modified.

Of course, you can always fall back on the old standby-a picture of one of your or somebody in your family's pets. Mine is my brother's cat Cleo.

Handruin

Administrator
eye.jpg

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
jtr1962 said:
I really can't think of anything else that would go as well with your screen name except some type of eyeball.
I am not my eyeball! What about the rest of me? Who do they belong to? Who do they represent?

The reason I requested i to change his/her avatar is because it feels like he/she is staring. And staring is rude, is it not? It also feels like somebody's going to slice the eye any minute (that's my paranoia).

There are plenty of attractive eyes (usually female) on the home pages of many companies. I don't find them distrubing because they show the entire eye(s) and some of the landscaping around it, not just the eyeball.

Sorry for whining.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I try, I try, Sir, to be useful around here.

PS: Handruin, I thought Blake had some excellent choices, too. My comment certainly wasn't meant in criticism.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Wow. Lots of good suggestions. Hmm.

[Side note: jtr1962, do you have a larger picture of your avatar anywhere? There was a thread ages ago I remember reading where someone commented on the priceless look on that cat's face and I tend to agree. It's hard to see when it's so small though. I wish I had some pictures of my cats around. Unfortunately they're all in storage in North Carolina (the pictures, not the cats). Some of my favorite cat pictures are those of the FVWM developers' ( http://www.fvwm.org/fvwm-cats/ ). A warning about the comments though ... a few of the cats met tragic ends.]

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Actually I do. Just PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. You can put it in this thread if you want. I'm not able to as I don't have any place to host pictures.

P.S. I remember seeing those cats on the FVWM developers site. Some of them had very short lives, and came to very tragic ends. :cry:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
CougTek said:
I think he just banned Merc from this thread with the truck load of huge pictures. Damn, it even took time on my cable connection.

1. I've graduated to 56k, which is hopefully temporary.
2. I still browse with most images filtered out.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Thanks jtr! :)

cleoinchair.jpg

That is such a classic cat look. My guess is, "I'm mildly interested in what you're doing, but I'm going to pretend I find you intensely boring."

Also, for the Gremlins fans:

cleo_blue.jpg

:)

me

What is this storage?
flagreen said:
myself said:
Ok, no ... that one is just NOT an improvement..
How would myself know what I likes?

Most of the time no one really knows what myself is thinking.

I don't find it that bad ... a weird cross between disturbing and hysterical. You don't see that combination too often. If anything, it makes me want to go out and buy some new powertools.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
me said:
flagreen said:
myself said:
Ok, no ... that one is just NOT an improvement..
How would myself know what I likes?

Most of the time no one really knows what myself is thinking.

I don't find it that bad ... a weird cross between disturbing and hysterical. You don't see that combination too often. If anything, it makes me want to go out and buy some new powertools.
If I don't find it that bad the why doesn't I use it? And why does me think of buying tools at such a time? Does myself or I have any clue why me would feel that way?

fool

Learning Storage Performance
I got bored, I started messing around with photoshop, I ended up with that thing on the left, PM me if you want it.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Thanks for the suggestions and contributions everyone. I think I have one picked out...

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I think I would have gone with an eye with a sharp stick in it. Couldn't find a picture though.

Hi mubs, let me introduce myself. I'm Mr. Obnoxious.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Howell said:
I think I would have gone with an eye with a sharp stick in it. Couldn't find a picture though.

LOL!

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Howell said:

No need to state the obvious, Sir Howell.

Thankfully, there are civil people on this here forum. If most everybody here turns into your clone, I'll get a one-way ticket and be gone too, like Sir Google and Sir Wizard.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
mubs said:
Howell said:

No need to state the obvious, Sir Howell.

Thankfully, there are civil people on this here forum. If most everybody here turns into your clone, I'll get a one-way ticket and be gone too, like Sir Google and Sir Wizard.

Ouch. Elder ribs are sensitive, eh.