SuperTalent 4GB USB key ; cheap and fast.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've seen the SuperTalent USB keys on the pricelists of my main supplier for a few months. They were cheap, very cheap, so I thought they were shit-kin. But following the 4GB USB key round-up at X-bit Laboratories, I decided to give the 4GB unit a try. ...Back home with my 39$CAN toy, I transfered 3.13GB of tools and file backups of various sizes. I calculated the time it took (16 minutes)...that's an average write speed of 3.42MB/s. Considering that more than half the files were 60KB or less, that's awesome! I never expected that kind of performances from a 39$CAN 4GB key.

My only complain so far is that the cap is hard to insert and remove and the key fits so tight in a USB port that it's hard to plug.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm a reseller. My cost and yours cannot be compared. I would sell that flash drive around 60$CAN (comparable to the 51U$ Newegg is asking for it).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Newegg's prices normally resemble wholesale price lists to an uncomfortable degree.

I'm a big fan of Transcend's thumb drives for high performance, FWIW.

Stereodude

Not really a
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I almost bought one of these today for $19.99 from Newegg. However, the reviews at Newegg convinced me not to do it. I will be the first to agree it had an impressive showing in the X-bit review, but there were way too many people on Newegg who slammed to for being slow. I wasn't willing to take the risk that SuperTalent did a little redesign and kept the old part number, so I bought the Buffalo one that won the X-bit review for ~$46 shipping instead.