SyncToy 2.1 (x64) replacement?

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
My file/folder backup/copy need are very basic.

I currently use SyncToy 2.1 (x64) to backup a folder (and sub-folders) from my internal 1TB HDD to a USB 3.0 external 1TB HDD. I use the ECHO option. Problem is that folders I delete from the "source" are not being deleted by SyncToy on the destination. It's a pain to manually delete those folders. Seems this is known problem without a fix. :(

What are some simple SyncToy replacements? Don't need a ton of options but something that can verify that the backup files are not corrupted would be nice. Most important thing........where to download so I can be sure it's not crapware/virus/malware/spyware/etc.

Thanks.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I use SmartSync Pro for such purposes. It's very versatile and can run multiple jobs at the same time, including across the network.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Working backwards from the suggestions above I gave Robocopy a try. I even found a GUI "front end" for Robocopy here but it just didn't work for me. Click the run button and instantly it would say complete, but it would not do anything.

No worries. Just typed:

Robocopy d:\sourcefolder "j:\folder\the backup folder" /mir

and it worked lightning fast. Robocopy copied all the new folders/files from the source location and deleted all the old crap off the destination that doesn't exist in the original anymore.

Lame that the GUI didn't work but now that it's all synced up I can just run Synctoy for the new files and Robocopy if I need to delete stuff.

Thanks again.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
One other worth mentioning in this thread 'cause it's an excellent utility is Fast Copy. Get it here: http://ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html.en Very simple, very practical, very flexible, very fast - pretty much ticks all the boxes.

(Some kind Storage Forum member put me onto Fast Copy a few years ago. Was it Bozo? Can't remember. Maybe Fugushi. Whatever, I am grateful.)