Tablet PC

Craiglc1

What is this storage?
Hey guys, I have been looking into the possibility of buying a tablet type of PC / Laptop. A short history....

I'm a contractor ( former VB and HTML guy ). I am building some basic apps to accomplish very quick estimates for things which I can make modular like bathrooms. I'm thinking with a tablet PC I can literally use things like radio buttons or check boxes to check off what I want then have all the prices pre set on an input page etc.......

Anyways, I think a tablet PC would be a decent item for this as my palm doesn't seem to be a good option here. I was wonderring if anyone here knew anything about Tablet style PCs. aka are they still to glitchy because they are new tech? Are there any good brands better then others?

Thanks in advance!

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Have you considered getting a Windows CE based device and writing your app in eMbedded VB?

Craiglc1

What is this storage?
I have a Gateway that requires input via pen. If I got another I would make sure that it could accept input from touch. The next one I am looking at is this small one by Asus.

Ah yes... I did forget to mention...I am of course looking for used. The pen thing is fine by me although touch would certainly be best. I wasn't even aware that some are pen only so that is a good thing to know!

As for VB embedded stuff, I have been out of the game for awhile. This is going to be a decent undertaking for me just to remember the old stuff. If sheet to go for my plam pilot supported simple VBA stuff I would totally do that. As it stands now if I can't find or create what I need on a tablet PC I may just need to do a spreadsheet that I can use on my palm or I may just use a regular laptop...eh.