Text Wrap Problem in Mozilla

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
For some reason, Pradeeps long Location doesn't wrap properly in Mozilla 1.2.1 or 1.3. Instead, the Author column just resizes to compensate and ends up taking 1/3 of the screen. This doesn't happen with IE. Here is an example of my problem in Mozilla:

textwrap.jpg

You can see how Pradeeps signature won't wrap as long as there is no break in the text. Interestingly, this is never an issue in Mozilla when it comes to the content in the Message column. Any solution for this? (I really don't want to change browsers unless it is an update for Mozilla.) Perhaps 1.4 would help?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Any solution for this?

You are a mod, aren't you? Juzt block the IP.

(Tea!)

(Zorry. I waz only joking.)

(Why didn't you suggest something useful, as as getting Pradeep to insert a soft space character in his sig? Er... there doesn't seem to be a soft space. Perhaps a thin space would do. That's "& # 8201;" (remove the spaces to use it - I just wrote it that way to make it show up as code instead of what it really is. Um, if I write "EE EE" and "EE EE" I should get an example thin space in between the first and second pair of "E"s. Maybe.)

(Ha! It's wider than a normal space. So much for that idea.)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Update to 1.4. Yes, it's still beta. Too bad. It works beautifully and it didn't do that on my linux box this morning when I first saw Pradeep's location.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Hmm. I booting into Knoppix to see if it was a Windows only problem, and it does the same thing with the version that come with Knoppix 3.2 (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030327 Debian/1.3-4). I can't install 1.4 right now, but I'll try it later to see if that helps. I don't think that Mozilla properly word wraps, even if it has hyphens.

Just checked Bugzilla before hitting submit, and found this, and this. I haven't read then fully yet, but I think one of these is the culprit.

It does the same thing in Konquerer, BTW.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
After examining the machine I was reading from this morning, I think perhaps the reason I didn't notice the wrapping issue might've been the 1600x1200 screen resolution I was using. Just a guess, but little things are a lot less noticeable when that's your window size.

It was that, or all the crack I smoked before I went to work.

Mickey

Learning Storage Performance
Heh. And I thought I was just imagining things, or that I had somehow flubbed my installation of Moz 1.3. :)

My laptop uses 1600x1200 default resolution, but I have Moz crank up the fonts so it's easier for me to read. ;)

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Tea!

You take that back right now!

(Zorry, Pradeep.)

(That's better.)

Don't know what's got into her lately. Must be hormones or something. I can't do a thing with her.

(It'z not hormones. I don't even know what hormones are yet. I'm too young. It'z working with you dat after day that makez me grumpy.)

Hmmm. See what I mean?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
*Looks up from eating Crunchie ice cream* huh wha?

So should I change my location? Or have you guys found browsers that behave? :mrgrn: