Thank God there is X-Bit Labs

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Is there a better place to get comprehensive and essential news on the current workings of the computer world? If yes, suggest me...

Anyone noticed that X-bit now publishes news even on weekends. They used to not...

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I used to get all my news from Anandtech when they actually updated news every day (couple years ago). After their news slowed down I pretty much stopped reading hardware news all the time.

In the last couple months I started reading slashdot which almost always has the most up to date news. And they post news that isn't directly related to the computer biz which is nice too.

Handruin

Administrator
I usually pull my news from icrontic if you haven't noticed. They have an interesting mix, and they update more then once a day, even the weekends. They are not always the fastest to the front page for news, but they put in a good effort.

SteveC

Storage is cool
I check slashdot a few times a day, even though they sometimes just put links to articles I've seen already. The discussions are usually fairly interesting though, with somewhat of a mix a viewpoints. However, I gone months in the past without checking it, but right now I seem to be in the mood to keep up with it.

Steve

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have a four-digit slashdot user ID... that I can no longer access 'cause it was linked to an email account I don't have any more and I forgot the password. But still, I've read /. for a really long time.

My second account is #40000-something.

Lately I've been finding everything2.com (slashdot sister site) extremely helpful as well.

fark.com is kind of a fun general news site, except that they have the (boobies) code for, uh, the obvious, and they throw that in with everything else.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Do we know anything about those Russians that write the articles for X-bit?
I mean, we know the history behind Tom, but them? :-?