The absolute worst chipset cooler in existance...

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
On my travels around the place, I located a TopView VulcanB (3Dfx Banshee chipset) 16Mb AGP card from the now 'defunct' Britex company IT division, being curious I purchased it & on getting the card home I gave it a thorough going over only to discover to my distaste...

1. No thermal compound between cooler & 3Dfx chipset

2. The most abysmal looking chipset cooler to have ever crossed my path, quite simply a steel plate :eek:

weakchipset0vo.jpg

It is/was merely a mounting point for the 40mm fan (thankfully BB design) even the cruddiest chipset sink's have that spiky contoured aluminium surface :roll: oh well I just thought I'd share ;)

BTW for point of interest, I replaced it with a less abysmal unit and added a passive (former VXproII) NB sink to the backside of the GPU, this configuration should be more than adequate for this particular cards modest requirements :aok:

dualchipset9bx.jpg

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
LMAO :lol: it most likely has, even worse it was from a PC Chips variant (Elpina) M571 to be precise, not a bad board till it ultimately died :p

I expected to cop flack over the fact that the GPU chipset was '3Dfx Banshee' more than anything :roll: :lol: