The CPU Battle!

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
This is a great picture from the German Heise publication: c't

aufmacher.jpg

Larger versions of this image can be found here.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I still want someone to answer the Duron 1.2GHz v. Athlon 1.2GHz question (vs. Celeron 1.2GHz, although that one is probably obvious).

But that is a cool picture.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Although in a slightly different vein of the topic at hand, this article has some interesting information regarding synchronous and asynchronous CPUs. Since I am not an electronics expert, reading these types subjects fascinate me.

Mercutio

Eh. Depending on how much the security deposit on my new apartment ends up being, maybe I'll pick up an assortment of upgrade chips next week.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Where are you moving Merc? Please don't say somewhere in Indiana again... :)

Have you been around Orland Park at all? It's a pretty nice area, and it's a lot closer to the city, with a Metra station in Tinley Park.

Mercutio

I'm moving to a larger apartment in the same building, if it hasn't been rented yet. Amy may stay where she is, or she may move to Andersonville (I can't believe she's even considering that, since she'd have to drop out of Med school).

My part time job is far enough into Indiana (Chesterton) that moving into Illinois is unappealing.

If I could get broadband and a non-gay girlfriend I'd be really happy here.

As far as chips go, I'm thinking about picking up a couple of Duron 1.2s and some KT133A boards. I seem to have an abundance of PC133 RAM sitting around, for some reason.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
OK, I'll bite. Why not move to Chesterton? I would imagine you'd get an apartment out of the war zone. Close to 94 & relatively close to the South Shore for trips into downtown Chicago.

I've got friends in Chesterton, Valpo, & Michigan City. None complain about the quality of life.

- Fushigi

NickWild

What is this storage?
Mercutio said:
If I could get broadband and a non-gay girlfriend I'd be really happy here.

hmmmm....if I could just "GET" a gay girlfreind I would settle for 56k

Mercutio

Nick, that's really, seriously not funny.

I'd really like to tear into that but that fact is, you'll never know until you're where I am now.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Merc-

Nick doesn't know the background on your situation. He didn't mean any harm, I'm sure. I've known Nick for a while and he would not do something like that.

C

NickWild

What is this storage?
Mercutio said:
Nick, that's really, seriously not funny.

I'd really like to tear into that but that fact is, you'll never know until you're where I am now.

wow mercutio...clocker is right ..I meant no harm what so ever...the fact is I dont know your situation or even know you and would never say anything to hurt your feelings or make fun of you...I hope you can accept my apology

Wild

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Merc: what happened? I thought she just moved to medical..

school.

What thread can we read the rest of this sordid story in?

REALLY sorry to hear that. You're lucky you don't live in the bay area, since it's a constant problem, for both sexes here.

s :eekers: