The motherboard to car analogy project

e_dawg

Storage Freak
Handruin said:
Is a Lada worse than a Yugo?

Nope. The Lada has years of Russian history and glamour behind it. Okay, so I'm kidding about the glamour part :) On the ladder of cars, Yugo is definitely the bottom rung. Lada might be second from the bottom.

How about Soltek = Hyundai? Hyundai suffers from a lack of brand power like Soltek does, but actually makes a decent product these days (okay, so they were known for horrible cars like the Pony back in the day, but they have made huge strides since and are now considered decent cars -- certainly on par with any US automaker in terms of quality -- at excellent prices).

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Soltek = Hyundai. Yup, I can relate to that one. I'd be perfectly happy to buy a Hyundai car. And the good thing about Hyundai is that they have not gone all hoity-toity-fancy-box and jacked the price up.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Tea said:
Not even close to PC-Chips, Merc. Albatron are notAmptron. Albatron, I understand, is a start-up of ex-Gigabyte staff.

I think they need to change their name. Albatron sounds entirely too much like something PC Chips would make up.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I agree. When my supplier mentioned that they were dropping the rather expensive and full-of-themselves-these-days Soltek and picking up Albatron, I said "no way!" I've had enough of PC-Chips products to last a lifetime. It took her ages to persuade me that they were nothing to do with a PC-Chips alias.

"Albatron", by the way, is a sort of tranenameisation of "albatross", or so their PR blurb says.

honold

Storage is cool
Tea said:
Soltek = Hyundai. Yup, I can relate to that one. I'd be perfectly happy to buy a Hyundai car. And the good thing about Hyundai is that they have not gone all hoity-toity-fancy-box and jacked the price up.

you mean like this? :)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Ah ! Well aday! What evil looks
Had I from old and young !
Instead of the cross, the Albatross
About my neck was hung.