The storageforum Audi S4 Thread

Stereodude

Not really a
Why did you post a picture of a Chrysler in the 2013 column of your table?!?!?

Oh crap it's true! :frowner:

Stereodude

Not really a
The hysteria is continuing over at AZ. Unlike the TD1 tale, the T10 hysteronics are completely erroneous. :eek:wneddnce:

In other news my Forgestar F14 wheel order has gone nowhere. They're still "Sourcing Material". :crap: To make me feel better I found this thread. The OP ordered a set on 1/31/2011 and got them 9/30/2011. And, they were damaged. :errr:

Handruin

Administrator
Maybe I'll pass on forgestar wheels. I don't want to wait 8 months. I had anxiety with my brakes for my TL when I had to wait almost 7 months due to re-tooling and back orders. That drove me insane. I don't want to deal with that again if I go with forgestar wheels.

ddrueding

Fixture
I haven't done any follow up on mine. They said 8 weeks, so if I haven't heard from them after 8 weeks I'll call them. I still have 4/32nds on the existing tires.

Stereodude

Not really a
Maybe I'll pass on forgestar wheels. I don't want to wait 8 months. I had anxiety with my brakes for my TL when I had to wait almost 7 months due to re-tooling and back orders. That drove me insane. I don't want to deal with that again if I go with forgestar wheels.
Lets not all jump off the cliff like lemmings just yet. I looked around on other forums and did Google searching and didn't find other horror stories similar to the one I linked too. Maybe my search terms were all wrong, but it doesn't exactly seem that is their standard operating procedure.

I haven't done any follow up on mine. They said 8 weeks, so if I haven't heard from them after 8 weeks I'll call them. I still have 4/32nds on the existing tires.
You didn't get login information to check the status of your order directly with Forgestar? Maybe that's just something that happens if you order from Modbargains.

ddrueding

Fixture
You didn't get login information to check the status of your order directly with Forgestar? Maybe that's just something that happens if you order from Modbargains.

The place I ordered from (Sonic Motorsports) seems to do things differently. Since they are a full-service shop who will be doing the install, I suspect that they are considered the customer and that they have that information. I might ask when I get back.

Stereodude

Not really a
This landed in my lap today. It's something to be conscious of.

tiretreadguidelinesquat.jpg

Stereodude

Not really a
Is anyone getting a VBOX PerformanceBox GPS Datalogger as part of this group buy?

I'm tempted, but a bit hung up on the $30 shipping. Apparently half of the shipping charge is to get VBOX to ship them out.

Handruin

Administrator
Is anyone getting a VBOX PerformanceBox GPS Datalogger as part of this group buy?

I'm tempted, but a bit hung up on the $30 shipping. Apparently half of the shipping charge is to get VBOX to ship them out.

I'm not that interested for the price they're asking (~$440). Looks like a fun toy, but I don't have any need for one right now. I'd rather put the money into something else in the car.

Handruin

Administrator
Also, thanks for posting the detailed info on the tire wear. I was aware that there were guidelines to the tire diameter differences, but didn't know what they were exactly.

ddrueding

Fixture
The VBox does look better, but not $100+ better. For that kind of money I would expect it to connect to the ODB port and capture some additional data.

Handruin

Administrator
A few more Estoril Blue Crystal pictures in this thread. This time on a S3.

Nice. Hard to really tell because of the shadows and reflections. It looks good from what I can see if even a bit darker than I was thinking from the S7 photos. I'm sure daylight will make a big difference in how it looks. I wrote my SA to see if she had any more info on my order. I haven't heard back yet, but it's only been a day.

Handruin

Administrator
Apparently there is at least one other person who thinks the headlights look alike beside KevinHee.

You were quick to call them on their stupidity though. :rofl:

I don't know what their deal is. I really don't think the two headlights look similar. I'm going to continue to squash that bologna anytime it's mentioned with respect to the 300M.

ddrueding

Fixture
After 2 weeks my Forgestar order hasn't progressed any. :(

fsstatus427.png

I didn't bother to check with the dealer on the car this week. I'll hit him up for an update on Monday since it will be 2 weeks since I checked in and 3 since I ordered.

What does the status of yours say now? I ordered mine about a week after you, and mine is currently:

2012-04-24 10624132436356 5789 Machined Sonic MS F14 72B Gloss Gunmetal 18x8.5 18x8.5 Audi A3 ETA 4 Week(s)

Stereodude

Not really a
What does the status of yours say now? I ordered mine about a week after you, and mine is currently:

2012-04-24 10624132436356 5789 Machined Sonic MS F14 72B Gloss Gunmetal 18x8.5 18x8.5 Audi A3 ETA 4 Week(s)
Still the same as before. Hasn't progressed any.

Stereodude

Not really a
I sent a note to my salesperson at ModBargains and asked him what's up and cited your order (That a friend ordered 18x8.5" F14s 10 days later and they're already machined but mine are still "sourcing material"). I'll see what they say.

Stereodude

Not really a
I guess this isn't a good week to get updates. :(

Yesterday morning I e-mailed my Audi salesguy for an update and haven't gotten any response yet. Late yesterday afternoon I e-mailed my salesguy at ModBargains looking for an update / explanation on my wheels and haven't gotten a response there either. :scratch:

Handruin

Administrator
Me either. My sales agent wrote me back just to tell me she'd have the inventory manager look into my order. That was last Friday. Oh well; first world problem. har har har

Handruin

Administrator
Here is what I'm seeing for cost:

Premium + $47,600
Estoril blue $1075
MMI $3050 (wow..much more than I thought)
Sports diff $1250 (went up?)
Adaptive damping suspension $1250 (more than I thought)
Fine nappa $1250 (wtf does everything cost 1250?)
B&O $850
Advanced Key $550
Carbon atlas trim $500
All weather mats and trunk liner $250
$57,625
-$3457.50 (6% audi supplier discount)

$54,167.50
+$895 destination
Total: $55,062.5
+ tax, title, reg, misc bs fees

title + reg = $75
tax=
$55,062.5
-16,000 (estimated trade value)
*6.25%
tax total = 2441.41
~$57,578.91

Last edited:

Stereodude

Not really a

Stereodude

Not really a
Here is what I'm seeing for cost:

Premium + $47,600
Estoril blue $1075
MMI $3050 (wow..much more than I thought)
Sports diff $1250 (went up?)
Adaptive damping suspension $1250 (more than I thought)
Fine nappa $1250 (wtf does everything cost 1250?)
B&O $850
Advanced Key $550
Carbon atlas trim $500
All weather mats and trunk liner $250
$57,625
-$3457.50 (6% audi supplier discount)

$54,167.50
+$895 destination
Total: $55,062.5
+ tax, title, reg, misc bs fees
Here's what I'm seeing:

6MT S4 P+: $44,268.00
Estoril Blue Crystal: $999.00
Silk Nappa Leather: $1,163.00
Advanced Key: $511.00
MMI+ / Nav: $2,837.00
Sports Differential : $1,163.00
Adaptive Damping : $1,163.00
B&O: $791.00
Floor Mats & Trunk: $233.00
Destination: $895.00
Regional Ad Fee: $465.00
F&F "cost": $300.00

Subtotal: $54,788.00
Tax (6%): $3,287.28
Total: $58,075.28
+title, reg, etc...

Stereodude

Not really a
Yeah..me as well. Thanks for extracting just the S4.
I guess I should be looking at the total price change from 2012 and not where they raised the prices. However, I guess I expected the base price to move more and the options to stay about the same price. For example, the MMI/Nav went up 22%. I guess they had to bake in the free 6 months of the T-mobile data plan into the price. The sports differential went up 13.64%. No idea why unless they're covering the cost base of all the leaky ones they've had to fix. :scratch:

I sure am glad I didn't buy a Prestige though. $1800 for Adaptive lights and side assist. :rofl:

Handruin

Administrator
Here's what I'm seeing:

6MT S4 P+: $44,268.00
Estoril Blue Crystal: $999.00
Silk Nappa Leather: $1,163.00
Advanced Key: $511.00
MMI+ / Nav: $2,837.00
Sports Differential : $1,163.00
Adaptive Damping : $1,163.00
B&O: $791.00
Floor Mats & Trunk: $233.00
Destination: $895.00
Regional Ad Fee: $465.00
F&F "cost": $300.00

Subtotal: $54,788.00
Tax (6%): $3,287.28
Total: $58,075.28
+title, reg, etc...

I didn't know what to put for the ad fee if anything. Does that show up on the bill of sale? I don't remember seeing that in other car purchases I've made. I don't know what F&F is? Looks like my tax came out a little less due to my potential trade. I would have thought yours to be less overall because of the friends and family. I think I figured out what F&F means. :)

I guess I should be looking at the total price change from 2012 and not where they raised the prices. However, I guess I expected the base price to move more and the options to stay about the same price. For example, the MMI/Nav went up 22%. I guess they had to bake in the free 6 months of the T-mobile data plan into the price. The sports differential went up 13.64%. No idea why unless they're covering the cost base of all the leaky ones they've had to fix. :scratch:

I sure am glad I didn't buy a Prestige though. $1800 for Adaptive lights and side assist. :rofl:

Yeah the MMI Nav increase is a surprise. I didn't do the percentage, but I figured it was high. I thought the same thing that they were trying to cover the 6 months, but still $30/month * 6 = $180... I know it's not that simple. There are newer components in it that need to be paid for.

I did the exact same math as you on the Prestige vs al la carte. I was worried for a sec to see if it would have made more sense to go with the Prestige, but I agree, no way I wanted side assist and adaptive lights for $1800. I feel decent about that gamble.

Last edited:

Stereodude

Not really a
I didn't know what to put for the ad fee if anything. Does that show up on the bill of sale? I don't remember seeing that in other car purchases I've made.
TRUEcar will show you the current regional ad fee. I believe it's close, not sure it's 100% exact. It's showing me $432 now. Not sure if it changed, or if I got the $465 number somewhere else. Regardless the Ad Fee is a real cost Audi charges the dealer. I don't know how it works for other brands.

Yeah the MMI Nav increase is a surprise. I didn't do the percentage, but I figured it was high. I thought the same thing that they were trying to cover the 6 months, but still $30/month * 6 = $180... I know it's not that simple. There are newer components in it that need to be paid for.
I'm sure the hardware is a little more money, but it probably falls into the "because they can" category. Who really knows...

I did the exact same math as you on the Prestige vs al la carte. I was worried for a sec to see if it would have made more sense to go with the Prestige, but I agree, no way I wanted side assist and adaptive lights for $1800. I feel decent about that gamble.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it was a gamble. For 2012 the couple of extra things in the Prestige package didn't make it worth the money either. It was a near certainty to me that it would repeat itself again.

Aside from the decreased speed limiter (why didn't they just use higher speed rated all seasons?) the 18" all season tires option is nice for people who don't live in South Florida or San Diego.

Handruin

Administrator
I see the same $432 regional fee for my area. I took a look at Acura as a comparison and I see they list $300 for the same fee. I looked mainly because Acura has been the brand I've purchased over the past 10 years and I don't recall ever "seeing" the ad fee in the bill of sale for the car. I'm not doubting it's a real fee, I just don't recall ever seeing it. I know I would have remembered arguing the price on it had I seen it. The doc fee also varies and the last argument I had with a dealer was related to them saying the state makes them archive the documents and that's why they put a few hundred dollars for the fee. I haven't located this "law" from the state to make an argument, but I need to find out what my current Audi dealer will try to charge for this doc fee.

The gamble was with them breaking out some options unlike 2012. It's possible it could have made more sense to get the Prestige if it was only a couple hundred for those two items, but it's not so it doesn't matter. I wouldn't have canceled the order for it anyway.

I didn't realize that we are getting all season tires with the car this year. Maybe Audi listened to feedback? I glanced at the doc and saw the reduce speed limiter but I should have read more carefully to notice the tires changed. In a way it does take some pressure off me for looking for new wheels so that I have a proper winter setup. I'm not expecting anything great from the all season tires if they're only rated to 130MPH. They'll probably get replaced with the Conti DWS at some point.

I'm hoping that since this revised order sheet still shows a flat-bottom wheel that it'll come with it. I'm hoping now that pricing is out, my sales agent will contact me. At what point is it good to work out the finance details in person? I feel like I should get it worked out before the car arrives in case of any issue with my supplier discount certificate. I also want to make sure that on the final sales paper that they do not put any deal-specific logos on the car when it comes in. I'm ok with the license plate frame since I can easily remove that, but I don't want some BS ad painted on the back of the car. I like getting that on paper for peace of mind.

Stereodude

Not really a
I didn't realize that we are getting all season tires with the car this year. Maybe Audi listened to feedback? I glanced at the doc and saw the reduce speed limiter but I should have read more carefully to notice the tires changed. In a way it does take some pressure off me for looking for new wheels so that I have a proper winter setup. I'm not expecting anything great from the all season tires if they're only rated to 130MPH. They'll probably get replaced with the Conti DWS at some point.
We're not going to get all-season tires on our cars. The no cost order code for them (H8I) isn't on our orders. We will get the standard summer tires (18" 5-parallel-spoke-S-design wheels w/ 245/40 summer tires). If you want the all-season tires contact your SA and have them add H8I to your order. I won't be doing that though.

I'm hoping that since this revised order sheet still shows a flat-bottom wheel that it'll come with it.
I'm not concerned about the flat bottom wheel. I'm confident we'll get it though. However, if for some odd reason we don't I'll be okay with that too.

I'm hoping now that pricing is out, my sales agent will contact me. At what point is it good to work out the finance details in person? I feel like I should get it worked out before the car arrives in case of any issue with my supplier discount certificate. I also want to make sure that on the final sales paper that they do not put any deal-specific logos on the car when it comes in. I'm ok with the license plate frame since I can easily remove that, but I don't want some BS ad painted on the back of the car. I like getting that on paper for peace of mind.
I'm not sure on the finance details... I told my salesperson no logos, no wash or detailing in an e-mail when I ordered but it's not written any paper from them yet. I still believe I can hold their feet to the fire though. I told them if they agreed to those terms I would order the car. Since they placed the order they implicitly agreed to my terms.

Stereodude

Not really a

As of right now my status still shows the same as before on the website, but my ModBargains sales rep contacted Forgestar on the phone and apparently mine are also machined with an ETA of 4 weeks. Apparently there is some sort of problem with their customer tracking system for my order.

Handruin

Administrator
After looking at the numbers a bit more, it seems the Audi Supplier program certificate should leave me at roughly $572 over invoice before taxes. That's better than I was expecting. Still not $300 over invoice...but close. :p