Thunderbird 2.0

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I've recently been using the beta releases of TB 2.0 and it seems really nice. My needs are pretty simplistic, so I don't know if it would meet the needs of others, but I'm quite happy with the clean ups and UI changes.

Prior to this, I was getting ready to ditch TB for good, as it was really starting to annoy me in a number of ways (not obeying junk mail rules, crashing, messages that would be removed but inbox indicating they were still there ... blah blah blah). I was thinking of just switching to Kmail

But as luck would have it, I actually d/l'ed and installed Beta 1 by mistake (I had just setup a Mozilla repo, and without checking closely, thought I was installing a security patch to the older TB version). Now Beta 1 was buggy (kept crashing). But my timing was pretty good, as Beta 2 became available a day or two after my Beta1 install occured. As I was already impressed by the simple things (UI improvements) in Beta 1, I decided to give the second Beta a shot.

Its been quite stable in my very brief usage window. Really like it. Things (like junk mail filters etc) are doing what they are supposed to be doing again. TB has a new lease on life with me.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Google calendar and Gmail work well for me. I even have two apps for my PocketPC that sync my (PPC) Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, although one of the apps is pretty buggy.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Google has a calendar too? I never heard that one. Next they will invent and own the wheel. :(

At work we must use the Outlook. At home I have a real paper calendar. :)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Well, we all are not so young and mentally gifted. I could not possibly keep track of 15-20 meetings a week, telecons in different time zones, continents, etc. Sometimes one exits a meeting only to discover there is an adjacent one scheduled in the interim.