Toshiba laptop UXGA screen question.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Toshiba offers UXGA screens on some of their higher-end notebook models. I would like to know if it's an old king of UXGA screen of if it's something comparable to Dell's UltraSharp UXGA (optional on the Inspiron 8200) and IBM's Thinpad A31p.

The first generation of UXGA screen for notebooks wasn't bright enough and their restricted viewing angles made it difficult to read text on the edge of the display. The new UXGA displays don't have these problems. They are ok, except for people having a weak short distance vision.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Despite Pradeep's efforts, I'm yet to be convinced of the point of "UXGA" 15" screens. Plus, I found the same glaring weaknesses you did, CougTek.

I would swap better viewing angle consistency, decent contrast, correct colors and less glare for UXGA any day of the week. Maybe some day ...

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
As a rule of thumb, 1st-gen notebook screens are always marginal. You can sit in front of them trying for hours and weeks to persuade yourself that the picture quality is brilliant, and that that great big pile of hard-earned wasn't wasted .... but in your heart, you always know the truth.