UAV / RC aircraft

Handruin

Administrator
I think I banned Prof Wizard whenever he was around years ago. I think his account has since been deleted. Groltz put a banned avatar by his name, but I never banned him or ever had an issue with him. I'm not sure why he did that.

Handruin

Administrator
Good find. I don't fully remember...you're right though, he's not banned and his account is still here. I was searching for the wrong name and came up with nothing, so I thought his account was deleted.

Man that was a lot of drama seven years ago. So far we haven't rotted like he suggested.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
For sure. :) I did not know that Bill was still around. I thought you bailed or were banned, or was that at SR?

I just lost interest here which I regret. I wasn't banned at SR either. Actually I left SR so that Frank (?) would go back there. He had left after giving Eugene an ultimatum that either he or I had to go. Eugene refused to be bullied so Frank left. Frank was very knowledgeable and helpful to posters in the forums there. And I knew that Eugene regretted losing him. So I had a few conversations with Eugene where I asked him if he wanted me to leave so that Frank would return. He said no, however since I cared about both SR and Eugene I quietly left for the good of all involved.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It is a good start, but how long does it run? I wonder what happens in a strong wind.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
How long would you like it to run? What is the least wind in which you would like it to remain stationary? Define what is reasonable.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Of course that is just a POC to obtain additional funding and performance will improve. 5MPH winds are not much. Run time may not be so critical if they are cheap enough.

If in the future those robots are commonly used by law enforcement for home invasions, etc. people might start to think the real hummers are robots and try to kill them. :(

Handruin

Administrator
It is a good start, but how long does it run? I wonder what happens in a strong wind.

They said right there on the page. :)

# Demonstrate a continuous hover endurance of eight minutes with no external power source.
# Fly and demonstrate controlled, transition flight from hover to 11 miles per hour fast forward flight and back to hover flight.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
A bigger bird this time, a herring gull. Be sure to watch the separate animation to see how it works.

Their brochure says it has a 2.0 metre wingspan and weighs around 400 grams. It has an electromechanical efficiency factor of around 45% and an aerodynamic efficiency factor as high as 80%.

I also liked their elephant trunk.