Upgrade from Vista to 7 32-bit, 29160 trouble

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Hi,

I'm trying to do an upgrade from Vista 32-bit to Win 7. I guess it's not a surprise, but the upgrade fails and tells me to install the latest drivers for the Adaptec 29160 card. It's got them (the Adaptec ones).

How can I go forwards with the upgrade? Anything to be done?
Downgrade of drivers? Anything?
The adaptec is in an Asus P7p55d mb, PCI slot, with a Seagate X15 as a boot drive with the OS.

Br,
JoJo

ddrueding

Fixture
Afraid I can't help you, as there is no way I would attempt what you are doing. Any way to get your data off and do a clean install?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll bang my head agains the wall for a while more, and see if I can get this working. A clean install is inevitably on the horizon, but right now I don't have the time for it :(

I'll look into the other storage drivers, and see if they have an impact.

Just downgraded the adaptec driver, let's see if that helps...

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Downgraded adaptec driver, then when doing the upgrade chose not to check for latest updates. Now the card isn't reported as critical and show stopping. Thumbs up...

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Hi,

it did work with only those 2 modifications mentioned above AND after removing most of storage related stuff / drivers. Got it installed, did take quite a long time.
When I have more spare time I'll take the suggested route and do a clean install with the 64-bit version.

Thanks for the help!

Have a Happy New Year!

Br,
JoJo

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The question is whether he still looks like that. :D

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
My vista 64 to 7 64 upgrade went without a hitch on my Lenovo T61. It told me to uninstall several things including iTunes. I did except iTunes and it's working fine. It took 1.5 hours to install i guess but I didn't have to touch it once initiated. Note: my rand stop errors are back. I haven't had time check to see if that troublsome patch reinstalled.