USB Power

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I'm sure you all have seen the small monoliths that have a mini USB input, internal battery, power inverter and USB power port. Any advice on which are the best ones?

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Apparently, I haven't. I'll get in contact with Dave Bowman and see if he knows anything about them.

LunarMist

Something like this. I bought a couple for $20 a few years ago, but they are getting weak. Prices are high now. Ideally there should be a similar device that uses replaceable 18650 cells.

LunarMist

Why? I don't think they sell in volume and you haven't heard of them. :bsmurf:

LunarMist

Apparently, I haven't. I'll get in contact with Dave Bowman and see if he knows anything about them.

:mrgrn: I missed the reference at first. It's hard to believe that film was 42 years ago already. :cyclopsani:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Maybe you should be more incredulous that it was set nine years ago.

LunarMist

Did you see it in '68? It was just so amazing and different.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
That's a good price for it, but I can't figure out what I would possibly use it for.

Charging a cell phone, laptop, netbook, etc when not near any other power source. If you are always near a power source, it's probably useless for you.

Could be useful for camping, backpacking, and other outdoor activities.

Stereodude

Not really a
Charging a cell phone, laptop, netbook, etc when not near any other power source. If you are always near a power source, it's probably useless for you.

Could be useful for camping, backpacking, and other outdoor activities.
I guess... I tend to buy things that have the appropriate battery life for the tasks I want to use them for, so I can't think of a killer app where I could use it.

Not like I should be buying stuff while unemployed anyhow.

ddrueding

Fixture
My cell phone has adequate battery if my day starts at 7:30AM, but if it starts at 5:00AM (like yesterday), then it dies by 11:00PM.

Stereodude

Not really a
My cell phone has adequate battery if my day starts at 7:30AM, but if it starts at 5:00AM (like yesterday), then it dies by 11:00PM.
Before I got laid off I charged my phone about once a week. Now I'm using it a lot more with phone interviews and what not, so it's charged more often.